Target Sports

Rant: NYE 2013 Who's NOT drinking tonight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Not saying I never have a beer or a margarita at a restaurant, but I basically don't drink. Probably around 12 drinks a year maybe?

So I'm not drinking tonight.

Who else?
    Capitol Armory ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not me.

Never cared for beer, like whiskey a little too much so I pretty much leave it alone these days.

I'm also on call, but highly doubt I would drink even if I wasn't.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    A few years ago, a friend of mine was celebrating his graduation from college. He lived right around the corner from me, so I walked over to his house....well....once people started showing up, I broke out the Jager and started taking shots with each person that showed up....i had 11 shots in just over an hour and on an empty stomach. That night, for the first time ever, I actually don't remember part of the night. Then, once again, for the first time ever, I had a hangover the next day. It lasted all day. Haven't gotten drunk since then. I have had a drink about 2 or 3 times, but nothing that would bring me above the legal driving limit. Also, I can't stand beer...i was a liquor guy...and even then, I hated the taste, just did it for the feeling. So I won't be drinking tonight.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have 32+ years of sobriety. Trust me......I'm NOT drinking anything with alcohol, tonight! I don't leave the house on New Years eve.

Happy sober New Year!

Flash

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wow, surprised there are so many of y'all here. Nice to see. I don't go around lecturing people about drinking. Some can handle it I guess. I never blacked out or drove drunk but I wasted a lot of time and money on alcohol.

I suppose I didn't like the "pull" or "gravity" it had on me, like if I bought a 12 pack of beer, I had to drink them all. I couldn't have one or two a night.

A bottle of whiskey? Why open the bottle and not drink it all?

Glad I stopped doing that and I've got to say I'm much happier without.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I have maybe at most 3 drinks a year. It just doesn't do anything for me.
    Not having anything to drink tonight. Staying home and watching the ball drop.

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    Diet Coke here, and watching the "Twilight Zone". The episode with Burgess Meredith as Henry Bemis is on. Classic :)
    Soraia-Magalh%C3%A3es-biblioo-al%C3%A9m-da-imagina%C3%A7%C3%A3o-Imagem-3-Time-Enough-at-Last.jpg

Last edited:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Had a glass of Maker's on the rocks but that was it. Not really in the partying mood after work today.

-TXG-

Yeah I worked today also. Drank 1 and a half shiners tonight. Poured out the second. It was a shame. Never been a big drinker, but on occasion I do. Tonight was just not one of those occasions. We had a bond fire out at the ranch and blew off at least a grand in fire works and and probably another grand in ammo. Still had a blast and won't have a hangover. New Years done right in my book.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Thought about having a beer after dinner, but a neighbor called and said bring the family over for some early fireworks fun. Back home by 9pm, everyone but me was in bed by midnight :) Here it is 2am and I'm still wide awake. I enjoy my drinks when I want 'em, but it's not for their alcohol content. I'll crave a glass of orange juice just as much as a glass of bourbon, just depends on the mood. Been so long since I've been drunk, can't even remember anymore.

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    We did one of those Brazilian restaurants, that have an incredible salad bar to begin with. Then they come around with all kinds of Beef, pork & shrimp cooked on skewers, and serve it right to you. I didn't need a designated driver...... I needed a designated eater.

Top Bottom