• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    That rifle, the only known picture of my father smiling(and I took it with my camera when he wasn't looking), my daughters special box and a couple pics of my boys are my most treasured possesions. To be caught messing with those without permission is taking your life in your hands. Even my wife doesn't touch them.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Scary ... brought back memories.

Had a Model 67 until a home break-in about 1989.
    Grandfather, who we called "Papaw", gave it to me when I was 9.

He bought it used at the weekly stock sale, just for me, but teased me with it for hours before finally giving to me, with a box of .22 and the admonition not to shoot any of his cows.

That gun turned me into the Squirrel Hunting Champion of the world ...
    Well, at least S. Louisiana ... which was my world at the time, and full of squirrels - 'till I came along.
    My "Memaw" would be the one to tell me not to shoot the cows when I grabbed the 22 and went outside.

Andyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    My dad took a photo of it before he blew it up with a charge but I think the wootercooled Maxim x 4 would be kind of neat!

Russisches-Vierlings-MG.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    There is not another one like it , very special to me since my dad passed away this year. He personally gave it to me about 6 years ago before the Alzheimer’s got bad and he couldn’t rememeber.
    But he was sharp that day he passed it down to me, with the warning to never sell it and always pass it down the family line.

I have my dad's service revolver that was handed off to me in similar fashion. It will go to my son, and hopefully his son. Its an old S&W revolver. 38 on a 44 frame. Nickel plated (not stainless) with pearl handled grips.

He paid $35 for it in 1957 when he went on the Waco PD.

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    The only firearm that I haven't shot. WWII bring back by my Dad in 1945. He never fired it either, couldn't find ammo for it. With the advent of the internet, that changed and I found some about 15 years ago.

I still haven't fired it tho. I chambered some rounds and they seemed a bit tight in the chamber. So probably won't ever shoot it.

Roth-Steyer Model 1907 Caliber 8mm

38552138514_caa46c5f26_c.jpg
    Captured 2005-11-24

Attachments

• 38552138514_caa46c5f26_c.jpg
      38552138514_caa46c5f26_c.jpg
      123.1 KB · Views: 392

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    During a trip to Great Britain I saw an event staged by English civil war re-enactors. They had functional 16th and 17th century replica firearms as well as a few real ones on display. I’ve had an opportunity to fire a wheel lock and have wanted to get one since.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Own and have hunted whitetails with a Standard Arms Model M pump in 25 Remington. Standard Arms was in business for about 6 years, 1914-1920. Not a lot made, either the Model G semi auto or the Model M pump. Probably the lowest production numbers of any firearm I own and use.

Wife has a Colt Match Target Woodsman bought in 1958, still has original box, test target, and receipt.. Probably less than 200 rounds through it. Stays in the safe!

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I have one of the original released Beretta 92 step-slide pistols in great condition. Roughly about 5000 were made in 1975 and of those I would not be surprised if there were less than 2000 out there now. I very rarely find them for sale. Although I have not shot it yet I would consider firing a few rounds through it but since I have so many other Model 92 variants I can always use one of them.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    I am still searching for a 30 Rem model M.
    I have a few Remingtons that chamber that round.
    I like my model 8s and model 14.

bob
    I don't have an 8 but do have an early 81 in 30 Remington. Bought it dirt cheap at Cabela's, only gun I've ever bought from them. Cheap due to ammo, or course. Passed up a nice 81 at a show last year, in 32 Remington. Should have bought it, seller wanted $300 for it, and came with 100 rounds of ammo.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I don't have an 8 but do have an early 81 in 30 Remington. Bought it dirt cheap at Cabela's, only gun I've ever bought from them. Cheap due to ammo, or course. Passed up a nice 81 at a show last year, in 32 Remington. Should have bought it, seller wanted $300 for it, and came with 100 rounds of ammo.

Actually both my 'model 8s' (1908 and 1911) are not marked model 8 but are early "Remington Autoloading Rifle".

The Model 14 is the one I use to 'fireform' converted 30 Winchester cases.

Mild loads with cast bullets form the shoulders to the chamber.

I guess I would not turn down a 25 or 32 if the price was right. Easy enough to make cases from 30 Win.

bob

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Actually, the 32 Remington ammo was al reloaded and in necked up 30 Remington cases.Being both paranoid and practical, I don't trust unknown reloads. I would have had to break all the ammo down anyway.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    steyr_gb.jpg
    I have a Steyr GB I purchased at a Gibson’s in Columbus, MS, when I was stationed there in 85. First 9 mm I ever bought. I didn’t know it would be rare when I bought it so it’s probably had 5,000+ rounds through it by now. The pic is not mine but that’s exactly what it’s looks like, down to the wear on the slide.

Attachments

• steyr_gb.jpg
      steyr_gb.jpg
      28.5 KB · Views: 355

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    View attachment 168378 I have a Steyr GB I purchased at a Gibson’s in Columbus, MS, when I was stationed there in 85. First 9 mm I ever bought. I didn’t know it would be rare when I bought it so it’s probably had 5,000+ rounds through it by now. The pic is not mine but that’s exactly what it’s looks like, down to the wear on the slide.
    These are cool. I have not shot one but I like the way they look.

Top Bottom