• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I held the aileron and worked the servo and it held enough to rock the plane. It would probably hold with gently flying, which is how my flights usually start. I'm sure it would hold long enough to get me real high up....

The plastic itself wouldn't break, it would be the super glue keeping it locked on the tiny splines of the servo shaft. Worst case, it slips on the shaft and grabs in a different spot causing the aileron to hold up or down when it should be neutral.
    ARJ Defense ad

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I worked at McDonnell Douglas for 5 1/2 years during the F4 Phantom "IRAN" (Inspect And Repair As Necessary) program. The Phantom is a smoky bird so enemy gunners were taught to shoot where the smoke starts. The rear end of those combat aircraft were riddled with bullet holes!

Your pictures reminded me of those patches on the F4 Aft sections. Those patches riveted over bullet holes have a special name. They call them "Doublers".

Flash

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Ohhh, I didn't notice the super glued shaft.

Hillbilly. Lol

On those buggies and trucks, our servos are linked to the steering with mini tie rods and connecting arms. I'm not used to seeing a coat hanger used. That super glue is probably gonna be an issue though.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Forgot to update this.

Picked up some new servo arms yesterday. Didn't have an exact replacement so I got two sets that looks close. Think it was a Habro brand that fit the servo but the holes were for smaller push rods. Just heated a small nail and enlarged it, perfect.

Test flight went well. Busted the cowl again on landing though.

Top Bottom