RC Plane thread!!!

Discussion in 'RC Gadgets' started by Younggun, Apr 7, 2015.

1. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

Don't forget the recoil effect....

2. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've seen several vids of Roman candles on planes. Facing front or back didn't seem to have any effect, I think the prop will be fine if they are mounted at least half way out on the wings. Would probably be worse to have one hit the tail anyways.

Those extras long sparklers would be cool if you had a safe place to take off with them burning.

3. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

Sure sounds pretty cool.

4. Coiled

Coiled Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Ifartistan
    That would be cool but I'm flyin a 2lb foamie. I don't think the wing tips could handle the recoil / resultant torque not to mention if one candle happened to weigh significantly less (1/4 oz. would be huge) after firing, the balance would be way off and control difficult at best.

5. Coiled

Coiled Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Ifartistan
    I see mounting the candle at the wing/fuse intersection aimed off center to avoid the prop or tail, just not sure how I'll maintain that position.

6. TheDan

TheDan DEPLORABLE TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Light it mid air... Disconnect your parachute drop and wire it to relay connected to a model rocket igniter on the sparkler.

7. Coiled

Coiled Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Ifartistan
    If I did the sparklers I would create some kind of loop below the fuse, near the center of weight, then probably a sewing thread tether to the sparkler well beyond the tail. I want a weak link somewhere, not a totaled plane.