RC Quad Thread

Discussion in 'RC Gadgets' started by Sugar Land, Jun 21, 2015.

1. vmax

vmax TGT Addict

Apr 15, 2013
    I flew my Phantom at the ranch the other day looking to get some nice sunset shots. I thought the camera tilt looked off so I brought it down to a 8 ft hover and sure enough it was leaning to one side.
    When I got home I read up on it and it seems a pretty common issue. I ended up following advice and doing a basic IMU calibration and it fixed the problem.
    Its still flying good still lots of fun to have, its just been so freaking windy latley I can't get it out much

2. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
  3. Coiled

Coiled Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Huntsville-ish
  4. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    For those who don't want to read through it.

"The FAA’s Registration Rule violates Section 336 of the FAA Modernization and Reform Act. We grant Taylor’s petition for review of the Registration Rule, and we vacate the Registration Rule to the extent it applies to model aircraft. Because Taylor’s petition for review of Advisory Circular 91- 57A is untimely, that petition is denied."

So, is it really as simple as it sounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Coiled

Coiled Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Huntsville-ish
    So, is it really as simple as it sounds?

Maybe, maybe not. Reading the entire doc, that SEEMS to apply only to LOS flying but they seem to waffle also.

To be fair I've only scanned it since I never registered and am not affected either way.

6. Sugar Land

Sugar Land TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I took it means no reg any more.

7. TexasBrandon

TexasBrandon TGT Addict

Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Have had some time on my hands lately, decided to give quads another try. I bought a Syma X5HC and got it in yesterday, I think I let the speed quads and little ones sway me too much in getting out of the hobby. I definitely like the slower ones. Super stable quad, nice that it auto-hovers. I'm not used to that, all of mine require manual control.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  8. TexasBrandon

TexasBrandon TGT Addict

Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Looks like the fagotry with "registering" your quad or RC aircraft is back. Too bad I don't give a shit.