RC Truck \ Car thread!!!

Discussion in 'RC Gadgets' started by Glockster69, Jun 28, 2015.

1. BigBoss0311

BigBoss0311 Well-Known

Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Finally jumped into this. Been reading on the rctech forum for days now. Bought two 1/14 LC Racing/Tacon SCT RTR kits. I got these for when I am work and have nothing to do. They will be fine for traveling and just general fun since parts are cheap. When I get home I plan on building out a Tekno SCT410.3 1/10 for proper work.

2. rman

rman Well-Known

Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    there's that one place in SATX... forget the name but the guys are cool lol. I posted about them in this thread.
    you got some work to do. The LC Racing/Tacon are absolute beasts, cannot beat the price for the quality and performance.... did you get brushless?

https://tboneracing.net/
    you need to get front and rear bumpers for the Tacon Soar, and the wheelie bar for the Losi Mini 8ight. You'll need to drill holes to mount, but these parts are a necessity!!
    About $40 shipped and 2-3 week lead time.

I also switched to my preferred battery connector (xt60) and am running these... 2200mah 2s lipo and perfect size (I can't remember if I removed the battery tray or not).
    3 pack currently $36
    Combo: 3pcs of Tenergy 30C 7.4 V 2200mAh Replacement LiPO Battery for Syma X8C X8W X8G https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01996QD0Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_pS06zbYRJ3G43

This is all we've done so far, and besides the shitty PCV body that last maybe 10 runs, this thing is insane! Hoping my kids ask Santa for more :D

Sent from my SIG Sauer

DD130 likes this.
  3. BigBoss0311

BigBoss0311 Well-Known

Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I grabbed a brushed and a brushless. I am going to run the brushless and use the brushed as a parts truck when something breaks. For $100 for the brushed I have a complete set of backup parts. Unfortunately, I am stuck with NiMH batts right now since I am overseas and DPO/APO will grab LiPo batts if they are shipped out here. So I have to wait until I get home next year to grab what I need to do the conversion. I am using these as fun for work pretty much. When I get home I will build out my main rig. Hopefully I don't need anymore parts than what is on the backup truck since it takes about 3 weeks to get stuff. Can't wait to get home and build out the 410.3. I already have a shopping list at amain hobbies. I need some Christmas specials to take the sting out of the wallet.

4. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'd order some a arms, spur and pinion gears, and maybe an extra set of axles (depending on design).

My experience is that the cars hold up much longer on NiMH batteries. LiPo batteries are fun but that's when axles start to get broken and hits get harder. No experience with your specific trucks though. Spur and pinions are usually cheap so I keep extras around for all my trucks. My little Dromida has a habit of running through them if I don't keep the housing seemed up tight. Dog bones get twisted just about every outing on 2S LiPo but at $1.25 or so for 4 I don't mind.

5. rman

rman Well-Known

Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    on the LC/Tacon, we've jumped it 3-4', and ripped around like crazy. Only issues have been popping a front CVA (just popped it back in), and the grub screw on the driveshaft outdrive being loose (and losing it) out of the box, and recently backing out (not sure why i didn't put threadlocker on the first time).

Then again, we haven't done high speed crashes and cartwheels in sub 40* temps.

I wish they made a 1/10!

Sent from my SIG Sauer

6. BigBoss0311

BigBoss0311 Well-Known

Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Love my brushless Tacon Thriller. This thing is quick, even with the nimh batteries. Can't wait til I get home and can run it on 2s lipo's. I've been running the hell out of this thing. Only broken a wheel so far. Went ahead and purchased a bunch of upgrades and am very pleased with the truck. I've been posting progress reports over on the rctech forum. Summary: worth every penny. If I wasn't building out my Axial Yeti Score now, I'd pick up the tacon desert buggy that nitrorcx has on black friday sale.