RC Truck \ Car thread!!!

Discussion in 'RC Gadgets' started by Glockster69, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lol, shoegoo and drywall tape already applied. Do I look like a noob or something!?

Honestly, I doubt this truck will go brushless until the motor quits. Just can't see any use for it in a 2WD pede. Even brushed with NiMH it's hard to keep enough traction up front to steer. And Butters has a blast while the truck still maintains a certain level of durability.

I will handle 2S lipo but I'm not in a rush to get more. Have a couple for the Rustlers and may pick up an extra at some point, but no rush.

Got a bottle of shock oil and might stiffen his up some, at least in the back to loosen it up a little and hopefully get it to turn a little better. But too stiff and the cheap crappy caps will start popping off.

2. rman

rman Well-Known

Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    your right. 4wd conversion first.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

3. Younggun

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lol

4. Younggun

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Butters truck got fixed. The $6.50 onky turned in to $45. He likes green so i left with green A arms it didn't need and a green wheelie bar it did. RPM castor blocks, hex screw kit, and an extra set of front bearing carriers.

He wanted to drive yesterday and asked if he could run the Rustler VXL while I got his truck. Told him ok but go slow. 3 minutes later I come back out and the Rustler is dragging its butt like it has worms. I've bashed the crap out of thst truck, high jumps, horrible landings, smacking the chassis, no problem. 3 minutes and he blows a shock cap.

Spring retainer and rubber diaphram are somewhere in the yard. Should only be about $5 to fix...

5. Younggun

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    One of the guys on my crew picked up a brushed 2WD Slash last friday. Another is getting a 2WD VXL Slash tomorrow. (3rd guy got a faggy LaTrax Rally).

Mentioned the track I had started in the pasture, we are looking at getting it finished up one day for some friendly competition. Should be interesting.

Gonna be a sandy surface for now, caution tape lane borders, clay jumps. When the tank goes down I'll start digging again and building the lanes up with clay, gonna take a lot of running over a crushing to get the clods packed down. If it goes well then we might move to soking and rolling it smooth. Should help keep the water off and be a little less dusty.

Might eventually put up real borders, or just build the lanes up about 4" higher than the surrounding land so going off track is it's own punishment. I'll have plenty of clay to work with.

6. Younggun

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Picked up new shocks today and some 45wt oil. Thicker oil made a pretty good difference in handling on the Rustler so I went ahead and put it in the rear shocks on the Slash.

For all the crap people talk about the stock Ultra Shocks I've only has the one pop a cap and both on the Slash were still full with no air bubbles.

7. Younggun

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, did some racing on our temp track with the kids and a couple guys from work. Track area was ~60X80'. Had a lot of fun.

Crappy vid quality due to lots of digital zooming while editing the vid.
    [video]

That track is probably going to flood tomorrow. Always had some run off but since starting it we've done other stuff that puts more water in the area. So I've relocated to higher ground and increased the size to about 120X80'.

Sand is pretty loose but should pack once the grass is killed off. Probably end up mixing in some cheap topsoil to help hold it together a little bit. Have to hold off until after the rain to spray the remaining stubborn areas of grass that didn't wan't to rip out with the tractor. Then start working on the jumps and eventually some solid lane borders. Everything will be pretty much cost free up to that point and maybe I will come across a supee cheap option between now and then.

IMG_6759.JPG