RCBS Chargemaster Lite died

MTA89

CEO of White Colonizers Inc.
TGT Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
About half way loading some 30-30 this morning and it stopped trickling and dispensing reliably. I tried about everything I could think of to make it come back to life but alas it is f’d up

I go to call their customer service and they only work 7-1pm PST. I am going to call tomorrow since its still in warranty (bought in Sep 2020)

It has been reliable up until now. The thought of going back to my manual powder charger has me on suicide watch

In other news, the lee factory crimp die is the best reloading tool I have ever bought

MTA89

TGT Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
They will take care of it! Is the transformer still putting out power? Most likely that's what failed. In that case your on your own to order a new one.
Still have power its just something with the motor that powers the dispenser. It runs all out of whack and at varying speeds

MTA89

TGT Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
Ditto on the lee crimp die. Those are the tits especially for lever guns.
I bought their lee factory collet crimp die for 460 s&w. Going to try that out once I get my replacement chargemaster. Hoping its just as good as the other crimp dies

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
Apr 13, 2018
Texas
About half way loading some 30-30 this morning and it stopped trickling and dispensing reliably. I tried about everything I could think of to make it come back to life but alas it is f’d up

I go to call their customer service and they only work 7-1pm PST. I am going to call tomorrow since its still in warranty (bought in Sep 2020)

It has been reliable up until now. The thought of going back to my manual powder charger has me on suicide watch

In other news, the lee factory crimp die is the best reloading tool I have ever bought
It ain’t got no gas in it.

MTA89

TGT Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
Are you using the powder trickler with a scale or manually? On my PACT scale trickle they have to be properly communicating & fluorescent lights might screw up how they preform.
Its just the trickle feature on the chargemaster. It wont trickle up to balance out the charge and also wont manually trickle

its worked fine in the same spot its always been in with zero changes. Im thinking its something wrong with the electronics since it did trickle twice randomly

SGHinds

Dec 24, 2020
Houston
My RCBS Chargemaster did something similar. Worked fine then just did weird stuff. Turns out to be the soldering on the circuit board is shotty. Had my brother in law, much better at soldering than me, resolder all the connections. Works fine now.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads