• ...and so much more!
  • digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    I broke the powder hopper on my RCBS powder measure installing a micro measure screw. Called for a replacement and even asked they send a couple in case I broke another…offered a cc# but refused. Two replacements arrived today 13 days later. Wish all “customer services” were like this. Thanks RCBS!!
    Capitol Armory ad

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    I have nothing but praise for RCBS too. The few parts of theirs that I have broken, they replaced for free too.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    LEE does the same.

Yeah when they are in the mood and depending upon who you talk to.

Lee and Lyman are the only reloading companies that I can recall having mixed reviews. Sometimes they charge you, sometimes not.

Dillon, Hornady, Redding, and RCBS rarely get negative reviews. Off course no one is 100% positive even though the [ insert ‘Color’ here ] fanboys try to make you think otherwise.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Definitely have had great customer service from RCBS.....but haven't had bad customer service from any of them....

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I own both, and USE both depending on the caliber I complete that weekend.

In my experience, customer service from RCBS is excellent but is also stellar with Lee as well. Never had an issue with either, and even when it was 100% my fault. Both companies did me right and fixed the oops so to speak. To any naysayer saying otherwise, I would need proof before I belive any "caveat emptor" statements from either company.

Only minor downside with RCBS, is their de-capping pins. Those things break very easily and I find myself buying a new pouch of 5 at least once every two years or so. Either way, I'm only out $3 to $5, so no biggie. A random piece of Berdan brass will have you taking the lords name in vain and also ruining the afternoon if you don't have a good supply of pins.... For those that know what I am talking about, know this well.

In my experience, Lee carbide dies are the way to go for pistol loads, and RCBS for .308 and up. Change my mind, if you can.

Just saying.

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    I have been using the Lee Classic Turret press for the last six years and most of my dies are Lee...haven't had a need to call on their customer service yet.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    RCBS customer service is excellent, Lee is very good, Lyman has improved considerably in the last two years. They've moved from awful to fair to good.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Anyone know how they are with pre owned gear? I know their warranty only officially applies to the original owner but sometimes that is flexible based on the company.

There's a used set of dies I'm watching on eBay right now.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Anyone know how they are with pre owned gear? I know their warranty only officially applies to the original owner but sometimes that is flexible based on the company.

There's a used set of dies I'm watching on eBay right now.

In my experience and also reading on forums, original ownership does not seem to be an issue with any of the companies.

Top Bottom