• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I keep hearing rumors about another range (I shoot handguns mostly) opening up around the north Dallas area. One day it’s going to be in McKinney, on another day it’s going to be in Anna or Melissa, on a different day, someplace further out… And if an opening date is ever talked about, it’s whispered too low for me to hear…

Anybody ever hear these rumors? (And is there any truth to it?)
    Seems like the way the north Texas area has grown, it'd be a good opportunity for someone - expecially if they owned a piece of trash land (i.e., not good for farming) somewhere.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I heard something about the bullet trap guys opening a monster range in frisco

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    You joined last week? Where are they physically located? If they're going to open in three months, they must be pretty busy building their range area by now. It also seems like I saw where they were going to open in October... so I guess a one month slip to schedule is to be expected. But I'd still like to know their location.

Plano Mark

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Plano Texas
    You joined last week? Where are they physically located? If they're going to open in three months, they must be pretty busy building their range area by now. It also seems like I saw where they were going to open in October... so I guess a one month slip to schedule is to be expected. But I'd still like to know their location.

According to their FB page, they haven't revealed the address due to confidentuality agreement.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Humm..."confidentuality agreement"?
    With who? Why? I'm just trying to ask a few simple (& logical) questions here.
    Kinda like back to my original question that I started this thread with.
    --
    Why would you need to keep the location confidential from folks who are putting up $700 or $2,000 to join (or maybe if I paid $2Gs, they would tell me)? Besides, I would think if they have approval from the City of McKinney - like their web page says - that knowledge would be a matter of public record (unless the city fathers gave their permission in some secret, "closed door" meeting). Maybe it's some technique they're using in hopes of keeping neighbors from complaining...in which case, I personally would want to get all that out in the open BEFORE I would invest money building such a place (if I was the owner). And if location would cause "a stirr" then even that's publicity. And like the old saying, "even bad publicity is FREE publicity."

Plano Mark

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Plano Texas
    Humm..."confidentuality agreement"?
    With who? Why? I'm just trying to ask a few simple (& logical) questions here.
    Kinda like back to my original question that I started this thread with.
    --
    Why would you need to keep the location confidential from folks who are putting up $700 or $2,000 to join (or maybe if I paid $2Gs, they would tell me)? Besides, I would think if they have approval from the City of McKinney - like their web page says - that knowledge would be a matter of public record (unless the city fathers gave their permission in some secret, "closed door" meeting). Maybe it's some technique they're using in hopes of keeping neighbors from complaining...in which case, I personally would want to get all that out in the open BEFORE I would invest money building such a place (if I was the owner). And if location would cause "a stirr" then even that's publicity. And like the old saying, "even bad publicity is FREE publicity."

From their FB page 2+ weeks ago.

I can't disclose the exact location without violating my agreement with the current property owner. Once the property deal is completely wrapped up it will be very well publicized. I can say it's very near a major intersection and will be easy to access...

I bought just a regular membership. I may upgrade when I see the place. But right now, it sounds good.

I can be the guinea pig.........

Top Bottom