• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SteveW

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Austin TX
    Folks, I have a Stag Arms AR carbine that is left handed. I want to re-barrel it and wondered just how much is different because of the left handed bit.. I know that upper and bolt are different, but what about the barrel extension that sets the headspace on an AR ? Will that be different for a left handed version ?

Thanks..
    Capitol Armory ad

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I also have the Stag AR.I would take the rifle to a gunsmith and have them change out your barrel.I have built a few ARs but never worked on the left handed model.

SteveW

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Austin TX
    Normally re-barreling an AR is as easy as falling off a log. You strip off the handguards and gas tube, unscrew the barrel nut and pull the barrel out of the upper. The bolt to barrel headspace is set by adjusting the barrel extension (the thing the bolt locks into). This is normally done by the barrel vendor if the barrel comes with an extension on it. Most do.. I just don't know if there is anything different about a left handed bolt or barrel extension that would mean I had to pay special attention when ordering the parts to do the job..

What I am planning on doing is turning the lefty carbine into a lefty target gun. 16" stainless bull barrel, Clark free float tube, Timney trigger and a Magpul stock.

S.

LR-AR-LB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    AR Lefty

No problem Lefty, I can do your mods if ya want got the tools , exp etc. Currently have 2 AR builds. In Kerrville area let me know.
    BTW .223? We could do it while youre here and save a trip.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom