Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Im certainly interested in learning more. I am not above changing my support. However Dewhurst is there in office and not threatened by any democrats unless y'all are that pissed at him.

Lets look at it this way.

What are some things Patterson may have done that would have been harmful if he were in dewhurst's position?

What are some things dewhurst's didn't do that Patterson probably would have that would be more in line with what we want?

Are there any good things dewhurst did that Patterson probably would not have done?

I think if you ask yourself those questions you will see that Patterson would be better for us. Compromising has gotten us nowhere so why should we compromise by having someone like dewhurst in office?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If we are searching for the perfect man we should stop looking.

Im not trying to elect my savior but someone who can get things done.

I suppose its possible someone else could get things done better but in the end Dewhurst saw to it that the prolife bill got passed and i have a ton of allegience to him for that. Yes. I was flipping out during the first session when the pro abort crowd did mob violence. DPS should have started cracking skulls.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Lets look at it this way.

What are some things Patterson may have done that would have been harmful if he were in dewhurst's position?

What are some things dewhurst's didn't do that Patterson probably would have that would be more in line with what we want?

Are there any good things dewhurst did that Patterson probably would not have done?

I think if you ask yourself those questions you will see that Patterson would be better for us. Compromising has gotten us nowhere so why should we compromise by having someone like dewhurst in office?

Yes. Dewhurst has a record to run on and/or defend. Patterson doesnt. Which is both good and bad.

Ill read up him some more tonight. Ive only been in Texas for about 3 years so i certainly respect that some of you have been watching Tx state politics much longer than me.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    You are hanging your hat on this one issue, and for that you are convinced of your own opinion. I do not believe i can do you any more. I will bow out at this point.

I hope you see this guy for what he is, and not what you want him to be

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    You are hanging your hat on this one issue, and for that you are convinced of your own opinion. I do not believe i can do you any more. I will bow out at this point.

I hope you see this guy for what he is, and not what you want him to be

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I am open to considering his challengers and will read more about Mr Patterson.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Dewhurst had his chance, now it's Patterson's turn to show him how it should be done.

There's no contest here, Dewhurst is one reason why we don't have OC in this great state. Patterson got us concealed carry. God willing, we will have Greg Abbott and Jerry Patterson in Austin getting Texas back on track!

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Dewhurst had his chance, now it's Patterson's turn to show him how it should be done.

There's no contest here, Dewhurst is one reason why we don't have OC in this great state. Patterson got us concealed carry. God willing, we will have Greg Abbott and Jerry Patterson in Austin getting Texas back on track!

I am 100% with Abbott. Who does he endorse for Lt Gov?

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I'm never truly trusting of Republicans. Don't fully trust Abbott or Patterson, but.....based on what I've witnessed, they are better than anything we are going to get unless it has a Tea Party label on it. I fully believe Patterson will be levels better than Dewhurst. Dewhurst is a slimeball RINO establishment politician.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm never truly trusting of Republicans. Don't fully trust Abbott or Patterson, but.....based on what I've witnessed, they are better than anything we are going to get unless it has a Tea Party label on it. I fully believe Patterson will be levels better than Dewhurst. Dewhurst is a slimeball RINO establishment politician.

Yikes.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Yes. Dewhurst has a record to run on and/or defend. Patterson doesnt. Which is both good and bad.

Ill read up him some more tonight. Ive only been in Texas for about 3 years so i certainly respect that some of you have been watching Tx state politics much longer than me.

Jerry Patterson absolutely has a record to run on.

http://www.glo.texas.gov/GLO/the-commissioner/biography.html

http://votepatterson.com/meet-jerry/

I've had the opportunity to work with Jerry and his office on quite a few land deals and I have to say he's got to be one of the most likable people I've ever met (outside of Vaquero!).

He is also the most well read Texas historian I've ever met. He has a passion for this great state that sadly few politicians (David Dewhurst being one) have. He just straight up loves Texas and so do I. He is hands down the man for the job.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Starting to wish i added a question mark to the thread title.

Id be intellectually dishonest to not recognize some of the points you all have brought up here and be unwilling to change who i support.

I think ive almost fallen into the GOP, "get behind the incumbent early on and start the general election before the primaries" sort of political mentality.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Starting to wish i added a question mark to the thread title.

Id be intellectually dishonest to not recognize some of the points you all have brought up here and be unwilling to change who i support.

I think ive almost fallen into the GOP, "get behind the incumbent early on and start the general election before the primaries" sort of political mentality.

Just added more to my comment above. Looking forward to your conversion into a Patterson man.

I can't say I haven't fallen for the GOP stuff either. I voted for McCain (who I absolutely detest) and for Romney (who detest slightly less) but what are you gonna do.

It's funny though. I got behind McCain because of Palin and Romney because of Ryan.

Now Ryan is pissing me off with his budget deal (cave).

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I saw Ryan was leading in some poll in Iowa. Thats concerning. He has done what to deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Ted Cruz?

I suppose deep down as much as i am a Tea Party type...above anything i dont want to see any offices or seats lost to democrats but that doesnt mean the R incumbent is always the best.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Ryan had his chance with Romney, the Republican party won't recycle him as he's already "lost." I know it wasn't his fault, and I wasn't the biggest Romney fan but it was better than the alternative. I would have rather had Ryan instead of Romney, but some could argue that Ron Paul did them no favors either.

Regardless, Cruz hasn't even started to campaign so that's a long road out. Dewhurst has dropped the ball for 2A rights and in my opinion that's his ticket out. Patterson is a proven supporter of the 2A (as is Cruz and Abbott), and we need leaders who don't waiver. No politician is perfect (well, except Reagan! :D ) but we've got some good ones with Cruz, Abbott and Patterson and they are the kind of people we need in charge of this state to reverse the negative trend its been going down (seriously, Wendy Davis running? How low has the Democratic party sunk that she's their best candidate?!?)

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    To me, it's not that Dewhurst is that bad, it's just that there are at least two and arguably three much better Republicans ready to take his place. In fairness, Dewhurst has a relatively solid conservative record. Certainly not perfect - nobody is - but decent. His main fault that I can see is that he tends to follow rather than lead, and that casts suspicions that he's not fully committed to "the cause".

Patterson is light years better, particularly on 2nd Amendment issues. Staples, from what I know of him, only slightly less so if even that. Patrick lost me when I found out Carona is in his corner. Carona is slime of the highest order and torpedoed a very strong concealed carry change at the last minute that would have essentially eliminated almost all the statutorily prohibited carry locations. I also seem to recall Patrick mucked up another CHL bill but I don't recall the details.

breaking, I understand what you're saying but it's time for a change. We can and will do better. Having said that, Dewhurst and any of the three challengers are infinitely preferable to Leticia Van De Putte. After the primary, we all need to suck it up and support the nominee, whoever it is. Everyone has their faults but Van De Putte would be an utter disaster.

Top Bottom