• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Im a huge Ted Cruz fan so i know this is tricky. Hes not a Tea Partier I know...but that doesnt mean he hasnt done good for us and wont do good for us in the future and that he isnt the best candidate.

Chess...not checkers.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    I haven't forgotten his little shell game with the TSA Groping Bill. Letting Abortion Barbie do her thing did nothing but hurt the state of Texas by bringing it several steps closer to being a blue state. The guy is what is wrong with the Republican Party and I refuse to vote for him.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I think I'd rather stick with the author of the Texas Concealed Handgun law.

David Dewhurst doesn't even deserve to stand in the back of the room when Jerry Patterson is speaking.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hmmmm. Interesting. When i said "discuss" i really meant it. Perry and Dewhurst got the prolife bill passed and i owe a lot of allegience over that. I agree Sen Davis should have been shut down earlier and DPS should have cleared out all the rabble rousers but its not that easy. I spoke with someone from Dewhurst campaign today and discussed this. According to him the order WAS given to clear the chamber and DPS was but they didnt have enough troopers to do it. 2nd time around when it passed and i was there, there were a ton of cops there. Like literally one every 20 feet and i forgot the count but in the chamber itself they were about every 3-5 feet. Believe me, im a dreamer and I love that Cruz won and i love what the Tea Party is doing but i dont want to see us lose any Republican seats due to divisiveness but i of course dont want the "good ole boys club" to stay elected to "go along to get along" and slip from true conservative principles and values.

Its super complicated. Perhaps i should have made this an open thread about the lt gov spot and not about Dewhurst. Good stuff. Ill read more about Patterson.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Also, didn't Dewhurst hold up many gun bills from even getting to the floor for voting???

BC, I use to feel the same way about not wanting to divide conservative voters. But if we keep things going the way they are we will lose even more in the long run. We may have to suffer a few defeats here and there along the way, but ultimately we and future generations will be better off by standing by what we truly believe in and not being afraid to vote for those who will actually represent our values.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Dewhurst hasnt given the 2A community everything we want all at once. Thats not how it works. We have made progress during his time in office.

In the debate last night Patterson wouldnt endorse teaching Creationism in school. Thats a big strike in Texas. I believe science should be taught as should Creationism, side by side. There is some evidence for both and too many science teachers teach science and specifically evolution AS religion.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Dewhurst hasnt given the 2A community everything we want all at once. Thats not how it works. We have made progress during his time in office.

In the debate last night Patterson wouldnt endorse teaching Creationism in school. Thats a big strike in Texas. I believe science should be taught as should Creationism, side by side. There is some evidence for both and too many science teachers teach science and specifically evolution AS religion.

The ultimate decision by him and him alone to not bring many good bills to the floor for a vote is how it works????? I disagree.

Letting those bills come to a vote and allowing them to live or die on their own merit, is how it works.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The ultimate decision by him and him alone to not bring many good bills to the floor for a vote is how it works????? I disagree.

Letting those bills come to a vote and allowing them to live or die on their own merit, is how it works.

Politics isnt that simple. Im sure you know that. So yes, yes that is how it works. You dont always get all of what you want and may have to even vote for something youre against in order to get something you value more highly. Its not an ideal system or world. If you call that unprincipled, consider is it better to constantly fall on your own sword or to live to fight again another day?

That being said, some things certainly are worth sacrificing a political career over but it cant be each bill that comes before you.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Brother.... Mr Patterson will be everything you could hope for in a Dewhurst

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Im certainly interested in learning more. I am not above changing my support. However Dewhurst is there in office and not threatened by any democrats unless y'all are that pissed at him.

Top Bottom