Capitol Armory ad

Re-Opening / No more masks - too good to be true?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Nope... that's what they've said all along. Again... if you don't choose to wear a mask in HEB they also indicated that they will not escalate by tellasking you to leave the store. But they most likely will ask you to put a mask on. Annnndddd... Depending on location they may not even do that. If I lived in Austin I'd expect to be approached by a mask cop.
    Hold my beer.
    Hurley's Gold

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    Kids wearing masks was the dumbest thing they have pushed. There are multiple studies showing kids don’t transmit it. All Dr F had to do was look around the world at places that never shut schools down and didn’t mask to see that there were no outbreaks.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I want to know when I can hug my mother.
    She's in a nursing home.
    Try talking to the charge nurse, they can make exceptions. She doesn't necessarily have to stay at the same facility either...
    I had to deal with that nonsense, too. Really sad and frustrating. It's extremely fucked up what they are doing to old folks.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Our kiddo's school district has graciously decided that since the governor's new order, that starting April 1, the school district's mandate is going away. Probably going to give our kid's bus driver an anxiety attack, she lied to the kids & parents saying masks were required, because *she* wanted them to - not the district. One of the mom's at our bus stop got on the phone, found out the district did not - at that time - require masks and confronted the bus driver on it. Then we come back from Christmas a month and a half later and they require masks at all times. Nonsense.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    515myk.jpg

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Was at Sam's Clun with wife last night. I don't wear face diapers, and while I was looking over some produce, two ladies walked by and said "look, another no masker". Then the wife comes over and says some lady looked at her and tugged at her (the lady) mask indicating that my wife's had slipped down below the threshold of acceptable. I would have told the lady to f off!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Actually they have enforcement. You walk past the big signs at the doors that say wear a mask or GFO. Manger or employees asks you to either leave or put on a mask. You say SFU. They call cops and you’re trespassing if you don’t leave once the cops ask you. Stores are private property and you can pretty much be asked to leave for almost anything.

Nothing has changed in TX. The only thing is that now counties, cities or businesses can’t point the finger upstream at the state and claim it’s not me doing this to you. Now those counties, cities and business are making the decisions without much finger pointing given them. I’m totally ok with that. Nobody is telling folks they can’t wear a mask.
    But you can make a pretty big scene on the way out... akin to a tantrum, it can change the behavior of conflict averse folks who are nominally in charge.

Not suggesting it so much as pointing out quietly surrendering isn't your only option for leaving. Also you may want to read up on fail to ID... so long as you leave you are not likely to be arrested, if youre not arrested you don't have to provide you name, DOB or address (but don't lie/joke)

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Top Bottom