Re-Opening / No more masks - too good to be true?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
H-E-B president Scott McClelland talks masks with Chron

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEHhyAx-ZF-tLWxhxP5UFQuAqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowz939CjDL4fUCMMbW1wU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

ETA: I hope this isn't the same link Todd posted.
Even I can make mistakes, I know, it's hard to believe.
It isn’t. My link was to the HEB corp newsroom site.

In other news, lots of hemming and hawing and sky is falling around this topic leads me to believe most people aren’t just shut-ins, but are also dumber than a box of methbillies.

As of today, there are 17 states without or soon to be without a mask mandate. I think I posted it to the covid thread, but in the end there isn’t a whole lot of reasons why no-mask states like FL to be doing better than mask states like CA when you compare apples to apples.

If science was simple, everybody could do it. My belief is there’s a whole lot of factors that are at play and masks are just one.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
Oct 9, 2017
Mckinney TX
I might get razzed for this, but I spent 25 minutes in a Walmart without the mask - was mostly able to stay 6 feet away from everybody by taking alternate aisles and such, but decided to mask when I got in the more densely populated line... seemed to work just fine, and didn't cause any confrontations.
I don't wear one except if I have to go with wife to Dr appt and they require it. As far as 6' distance, I try to stay away from people anyway, so 6' is easy for me :)

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
Nov 7, 2015
6' of distance is gonna save your ass is an annoying joke.

60' or more less so, but in a confined space, puh-leeze, you're gonna breath in what others breath out if you're in that space for any length of time...

The utter bs the cdc/who and the other failed institutions spew have the naive buying into almost anything with the help of the msm...

But sure, wear a mask anytime you're awake or hell, when you're sleeping dumbass...

Rhino

Well-Known
Jan 22, 2009
DFW Area
6' of distance is gonna save your ass is an annoying joke.

60' or more less so, but in a confined space, puh-leeze, you're gonna breath in what others breath out if you're in that space for any length of time...

The utter bs the cdc/who and the other failed institutions spew have the naive buying into almost anything with the help of the msm...

But sure, wear a mask anytime you're awake or hell, when you're sleeping dumbass...
I dunno. I've been doing pretty well with it for the last year. Confined space is also relative. I spend time in a cockpit. I think THAT is a confined space. Walmart, when not busy, not really.

jonevill

TGT Supporter
Feb 28, 2021
Texas City
I quit wearing a mask months ago. I go in Walmart, CVS, Home Depot, Lowe's, HEB, numerous restaurants. I have been offered a mask at some of these places and either just ignore the offer and keep on going, or just say "No thanks". The trick is to just keep walking and they will quickly give up. I still have to wear one at the VA though.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
Mar 26, 2013
Lake Texoma
I still chuckle when I think about Todd saying (many months back when all this shit started) he was going to wear a mask made out of cheese cloth. That’s funny shit

In all my visits to medical facilities over the last 8 months I’ve only had 2 hand me a disposable mask since I always wear a bandana.

Personally I’m glad the mandate was lifted. Asses your situation & risk. Make up your own minds. The way it should be

no2gates

Supereme IT Overlord
TGT Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX
Masks are like vaccines. If you wear one, you have some degree of protection. If you don't, then your chances are higher than those that CHOOSE to wear one.
Does wearing one guarantee safety? Nope. Does it improve your chances? Yup, otherwise doctors wouldn't wear them.
It's like religion: what deity you believe in is your choice.

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members