Lynx Defense

Re-Opening / No more masks - too good to be true?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Have people really been cooped up in their houses this past year? There was a little blip of bliss where the roads were clear when it all started locking down, but since then everything really seems more or less normal busy, just with people donning their thin fabric magic talisman.

I'm still going to work every day with 120 other folks.
    My kids are still in school with a thousand or so other kids.
    We're still going to stores with hundreds of other people.
    We bought and sold a house, moved across town.
    We socialize with friends and family.
    Our kids have sleepovers and birthday parties.
    We've traveled and stayed in AirBNB's.
    We've gone to various venues and been among thousands of other people.

Since we all haven't succumbed to COVID by now, statistical analysis indicates we won't. All their "super spreader" predictions proved false. All their mask wearing edicts haven't moved the needle. It's a little too early to analyze the true vaccine effectiveness, but with them quoting 95% and Texas sticking 3.5 million arms with it, in theory we should be almost done.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    The national chains will still require masks as that is the easy way out. One rule for all. So until Commie states lift their ridiculous rules masks must be worn in stores like Costco, Target, Walmart etc.

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    They should require them, but this will probably cause issues with people who think they don't have to wear them because the governor said so.

And the schools are very unhappy with this ruling at this point in time. I hope they also continue to require masks and distancing through the end of the school year.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    The national chains will still require masks as that is the easy way out. One rule for all. So until Commie states lift their ridiculous rules masks must be worn in stores like Costco, Target, Walmart etc.

Lowes in SanAntonio yesterday afternoon. No mask.
    Saw other with out as well.
    No one said a word.

Sheeple need to break from the flock and live life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    Lowes in SanAntonio yesterday afternoon. No mask.
    Saw other with out as well.
    No one said a word.

Sheeple need to break from the flock and live life.

Well since his directive is not effective until 3/10 not sure they would have changed their policy yet.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Agreed, I have not worn a mask in stores. However the doctor and hospitals strongly enforce the rules. No mask we will not take care of you, so I do wear one there. Will be interesting to see what happens. Of course there will be folks who still think masks are a good thing. We all have our opinions, which is fine as long as you do not force yours on me.

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    smw,

You are pro-mask and want to continue distancing or have I mis-read your post?
    I am in some circumstances. Definitely in the schools because they have done nothing to protect the teachers other than masking and spacing. They don't have any choice but to be there.

In places where people have a choice of whether or not to enter, such as stores, restaurants, etc., then maybe not.

In doctors offices and hospitals, yes they should continue to enforce masking rules.

I'd have to think about other situations on a case by case basis.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Well since his directive is not effective until 3/10 not sure they would have changed their policy yet.

They have “the signs”
    Just some of us are awakened more than others.
    Worked daily since 3/18/20 when it broke.
    If we were all going to die from CV19 we would have by now.

f6d054ba97dbb64589543fa599a52edc.jpg

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Agreed, I have not worn a mask in stores. However the doctor and hospitals strongly enforce the rules. No mask we will not take care of you, so I do wear one there. Will be interesting to see what happens. Of course there will be folks who still think masks are a good thing. We all have our opinions, which is fine as long as you do not force yours on me.
    Once I am in the examining room with the docs, I take mine off and invite them to do the same. They say "thanks" and remove their mask. They felt more strongly that I did that the masks (short of a medical N95 mask) will not do anything to help stop virus transmission. Dentist office doesn't care and some of the staff don't wear masks.

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    They have “the signs”
    Just some of us are awakened more than others.
    Worked daily since 3/18/20 when it broke.
    If we were all going to die from CV19 we would have by now.

f6d054ba97dbb64589543fa599a52edc.jpg

Yes, I guess you are right. Since only half a million Americans and 2.5 million world wide have died....I guess it's really not a problem.
    Once I am in the examining room with the docs, I take mine off and invite them to do the same. They say "thanks" and remove their mask. They felt more strongly that I did that the masks (short of a medical N95 mask) will not do anything to help stop virus transmission. Dentist office doesn't care and some of the staff don't wear masks.
    Could you provide the name of your doctor and dentist offices ? I want to call them and verify what you are saying....

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    Beats me...but the masks are not a problem for anyone that I can see. The other restrictions on restaurants, bars, businesses should all be lifted. People have a choice as to whether or not to go in those.

Top Bottom