Hurley's Gold

Re-Opening / No more masks - too good to be true?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    It used to be pretty good; I haven't been there for a year, though...

Wifey got their breakfast sandwich, she said it was very salty. My guess was from the lunch meat type ham they used? On the flip side, I got eggs, sausage, with hash browns & toast. The food was unseasoned, and my sausage was very dry. I'd hazard a guess, by the crowd in there with us, that they cater more to older folks so they don't use much seasoning. It was a pretty 'meh' meal over all. Not the worst I had, but not enough to make me want to go back.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    not enough to make me want to go back.
    I've gotten to where I really like The Toasted Yolk. There's also a place on Kuykendahl south of Louetta named, unimaginatively, The Breakfast Place; it's pretty good, too.

I'm always on the lookout for good places to eat breakfast. Perhaps I'll test their mask policies soon. ;)

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    Wifey got their breakfast sandwich, she said it was very salty. My guess was from the lunch meat type ham they used? On the flip side, I got eggs, sausage, with hash browns & toast. The food was unseasoned, and my sausage was very dry. I'd hazard a guess, by the crowd in there with us, that they cater more to older folks so they don't use much seasoning. It was a pretty 'meh' meal over all. Not the worst I had, but not enough to make me want to go back.

There are a lot of older people in there; I wonder if the cooks have changed.

Eggs, bacon, biscuit, gravy, grits here; usually pretty good. SWTSMBO gets a variety. The times we had lunch there are pretty good.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    There's also a place on Kuykendahl south of Louetta named, unimaginatively, The Breakfast Place; it's pretty good, too.

We stopped going there after a few bad experiences; long enough ago that I don't remember exactly what (big charge for substituting tomato slices for something more expensive was one...). They do have good coffee.
    They have another location in The Woodlands on McBeth Way; I haven't visited it.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    I'm always on the lookout for good places to eat breakfast. Perhaps I'll test their mask policies soon. ;)

You might want to split this into another thread.

Another decent place (don't ask for anything fancy) is Aviator's Grill at David Wayne Hooks Airport. Consistently inconsistent.

And my favorite, in Montrose, Baby Barnaby's. Good food, good service, rare that something would get sent back.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Wife got annoyed with me for not wearing a mask in the grocery store today. She was fine with it at first until she noticed I was the only person in the store not wearing one. Nonconformity makes her uncomfortable :laughing:

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    Wife got annoyed with me for not wearing a mask in the grocery store today. She was fine with it at first until she noticed I was the only person in the store not wearing one. Nonconformity makes her uncomfortable :laughing:
    Mine is the same. Having worked in the medical field for 26 years I have known since the beginning that the masks do nothing against viruses.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I find the idea of eating out now...repellant.

Oh, I should don a mask and then lift it up to bite and then put it back down to chew - you don't say...?

Oh, it's not your fault because 'dah man' toad you to tell your customers to do so?

Nah, keep your over priced food - I'll eat at home from now on...

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014

Looks like you don’t have freedom yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Another decent place (don't ask for anything fancy) is Aviator's Grill at David Wayne Hooks Airport. Consistently inconsistent.
    Been there and liked it. Odd you should mention it, though, since there's a long tradition in my family, going back a couple of generations, of going out to airports to eat. My parents, grandparents, and most of my aunts and uncles found small eateries in regional airports that they liked.

Top Bottom