Venture Surplus ad

Re-Opening / No more masks - too good to be true?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Yes, I guess you are right. Since only half a million Americans and 2.5 million world wide have died....I guess it's really not a problem.

Could you provide the name of your doctor and dentist offices ? I want to call them and verify what you are saying....

But the flu is 0 dam near.
    What about every other thing we humans succumb too.
    You Go be chicken little. I will be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Beats me...but the masks are not a problem for anyone that I can see. The other restrictions on restaurants, bars, businesses should all be lifted. People have a choice as to whether or not to go in those.

As they also SHOULD have the choice to wear or not wear a useless mask.

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    As they also SHOULD have the choice to wear or not wear a useless mask.

No you should not have a choice whether or not to wear a mask in places where people will be that don't have a choice about being there. It won't hurt you to wear one and might protect someone who has high risk if they contact the virus, but don't have a choice about being there.

I know you don't care about anyone but yourself, so that's why rules have to be set and enforced in those situations. So, you have a choice about those places. If you don't want to wear a mask, then don't go to those places. So see, you do have the choice to wear or not wear a useless mask don't you ?

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Yes, I guess you are right. Since only half a million Americans and 2.5 million world wide have died....I guess it's really not a problem.

As reported by the CDC ... Here are the US deaths by year and the change from the previous year
    Year 2017 2,818,503 Americans died
    Year 2018: 2,839,205 deaths (20,702 more than the previous year 2017)
    Year 2019: 2,855,000 deaths (16,300 more than the previous year 2018)
    The year of the pandemic …
    Year 2020: 2,913,144 deaths (57,641 more than the previous year 2019)

BUT WAIT: There were zero deaths from Covid-19 during 2018, and 2019 and the jump from 2019 was only 57,641 ??

Based on the numbers above how did 500,000 die from this disease?

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    No you should not have a choice whether or not to wear a mask in places where people will be that don't have a choice about being there. It won't hurt you to wear one and might protect someone who has high risk if they contact the virus, but don't have a choice about being there.

I know you don't care about anyone but yourself, so that's why rules have to be set and enforced in those situations. So, you have a choice about those places. If you don't want to wear a mask, then don't go to those places. So see, you do have the choice to wear or not wear a useless mask don't you ?

Take your mask and shove it. I have never worn a mask and can not. I could tell you why but then I would have to kill you. A famous TV/movie line

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are

Really.
    WTF
    This is still a FREE country at least for now.

YOU feel at risk YOU wear your little mask all you want.
    Just leave ME alone to decide if I want to or not. I choose NOT.

I bet you jack off wearing a condom.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW

And if you truly believe 500,000 U.S. citizens died directly of the Wuhan Flu, I have a bridge to sell ya :laughing:

Especially with the numbers from the first half of 2020, many of the elderly who were terminal died from their diseases, but were listed as Covid deaths simply because they were in nursing homes, and their caregivers decided to give them the Covid sendoff instead of heart failure or lung cancer, etc.

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    Really.
    WTF
    This is still a FREE country at least for now.

YOU feel at risk YOU wear your little mask all you want.
    Just leave ME alone to decide if I want to or not. I choose NOT.

I bet you jack off wearing a condom.

It's actually not a free country. There are all kinds of laws, ordinances and regulations that control our freedoms.

I've tried to explain to you in objective terms where you will need to still wear a mask. If you don't want to wear one, then don't go there. It's very simple but you really just want to argue no matter how much common sense it might make, and how little harm it will do you to comply.

So, this concludes our discussion because I'm not going to repeat the same common sense things to you over and over. There are just some people who will never get it and I guess you want to be one of those.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They should require them, but this will probably cause issues with people who think they don't have to wear them because the governor said so.

And the schools are very unhappy with this ruling at this point in time. I hope they also continue to require masks and distancing through the end of the school year.

A school is one of the least likely places to catch Covid.

My sister is a teacher. She’s never had any dread of doing her job and is not scared of catching the Covid plague. She’s not the only one. She just has one of the opinions the media had no interest in broadcasting.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Oh man the teachers have been some of the loudest screamers through this though. We get emails all the time about how "someone" was at the school who tested positive. They can't say who obviously, but it's always "your kid wasn't directly exposed, but continue to monitor for signs." With the number of emails, I think we're about running out of classrooms -- or perhaps they're just sending emails to keep the spin going?

But hey, schools require wearing the magic talisman of protection. How could they possibly have any COVID problems? :)

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    A school is one of the least likely places to catch Covid.

My sister is a teacher. She’s never had any dread of doing her job and is not scared of catching the Covid plague. She’s not the only one. She just has one of the opinions the media had no interest in broadcasting.

Well the huge majority of the teachers are against these changes, so your sister is an outlier I guess. My daughter is a teacher, and she has gotten covid and had a tough time with it.

So, good luck to your sister, but hopefully the schools will decide to continue to require masking and other covid rules for the rest of this school year. I guarantee you the pressure from the teachers is high, and I think the school systems will have to listen to them.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well the huge majority of the teachers are against these changes, so your sister is an outlier I guess. My daughter is a teacher, and she has gotten covid and had a tough time with it.

So, good luck to your sister, but hopefully the schools will decide to continue to require masking and other covid rules for the rest of this school year. I guarantee you the pressure from the teachers is high, and I think the school systems will have to listen to them.

Or it’s just that the people that stomp and scream the loudest happen to be of a certain emotional mindset while the other side rolls their eyes and does their job.

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    Or it’s just that the people that stomp and scream the loudest happen to be of a certain emotional mindset while the other side rolls their eyes and does their job.

Well it won't hurt the "eye rollers" if it makes the others feel better and safer. So, let's just leave it at that.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    1614794939102.png

Top Bottom