Lynx Defense

Re-Opening / No more masks - too good to be true?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    They sure can and you don’t have to frequent that place of business.

Exactly. Pretty much the same as sticking a 30-06, or 30-07 signage up prohibiting the carrying of firearms on the premises.

And we show support by doing business elsewhere instead. When such restrictions cause a loss of revenue enough that they notice, the restrictions will disappear.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    HEB said they're still going to require mask! Then said they will not escalate the situation in someone enters their store without one. But they have the right to tell you to wear a mask in their store. If they ask/tell you to leave and you don't you could be charged with criminal tresspass.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    HEB said they're still going to require mask! Then said they will not escalate the situation in someone enters their store without one. But they have the right to tell you to wear a mask in their store. If they ask/tell you to leave and you don't you could be charged with criminal tresspass.

If they aren't going to "escalate" the situation for not wearing a mask. then why would they tell, or ask someone to leave if they didn't have a mask?

That doesn't make any sense.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are

Until enough TEXANS just go without one. Then THEY will give up the fight.
    I plan to visit mine sans mask starting 3/10 and there after. Bet they dont say diddly squat either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Really? I had read elsewhere they were not going to required masks.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Until enough TEXANS just go without one. Then THEY will give up the fight.
    I plan to visit mine sans mask starting 3/10 and there after. Bet they dont say diddly squat either.

I'll be surprised if no one ask you to put a mask on when you go there. What I posted I heard on the Radio....

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    I'll be surprised if no one ask you to put a mask on when you go there. What I posted I heard on the Radio....

Well I sorta agree with this guy.
    There “grounds” have been drasticalky reduced in my opinion

From NBC article.

“This ripping off the Band-Aid approach is not good,” said Brian Higgins, a security consultant who also teaches at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York City. “It puts companies trying to enforce mask rules in a tight spot. They used to be able to tell customers they were just enforcing the state rules. Now they can’t say that.”

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

My understanding is that their employees, and all vendors are to wear masks, customers will not need to.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    When covid-19 first hit my wife was in HEB and asked some women why they didn't have a mask? When they cursed her out she asked for a manager. Manager didn't want to be involved.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    That's your choice, but what about my choice? My doctors are no longer doctors, lawyers are in control of my healthcare now. And if my doctor insists that I wear a stupid mask and increase my intake of co2 when my saturation levels are in the mid 70's without extra o2 I am pissed and he should not expect me to be a happy camper.
    I'm not saying YOU should wear a mask. I'm saying it should be an individual choice. If I'm wearing a mask, I feel I'm fairly protected.
    If you don't want one, that is your choice and you shouldn't be forced to wear one.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I'm not saying YOU should wear a mask. I'm saying it should be an individual choice. If I'm wearing a mask, I feel I'm fairly protected.
    If you don't want one, that is your choice and you shouldn't be forced to wear one.

^^^Ditto!^^^

It should be the choice of the person alone to decide to wear a mask, or not to wear a mask. I haven't worn a mask except for my visits to see my doctor. Other than that, I refuse to wear one. My wife does wear a mask quite a bit. She doesn't say anything to me about not wearing one, and I don't say anything about her wearing one.

I see it this way. If someone feels at risk from me not wearing a mask, then stay the hell away from me.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Most stores decided it wasn’t worth trying to be the mask police months ago. It’s easier just to rely on the sheep to obey the signs.

I plan on going where I want and if someone asks me to leave then I will

Just make sure that you tell them as you are leaving that you will take your business and money elsewhere from then on.

When, enough people do that, and revenues go down, maybe they will see that such nonsense policies are bad for their profits.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I might get razzed for this, but I spent 25 minutes in a Walmart without the mask - was mostly able to stay 6 feet away from everybody by taking alternate aisles and such, but decided to mask when I got in the more densely populated line... seemed to work just fine, and didn't cause any confrontations.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Really? I had read elsewhere they were not going to required masks.

HEB updates their initial response, but until 10 Mar, it doesn’t really matter.

Top Bottom