DK Firearms

Re-Opening / No more masks - too good to be true?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    I've been chased furher back even when 6ft from folks at my HEB.
    No need for HEB to enforce the mask requirement, the customers will!
    These mask believers outnumber the others 100:1.
    that sucks.gif
    Texas SOT

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Folks have forgotten what Freedom smells like..........

Take off that stupid face covering....it's not a mask and is useless.....

You've been lied to for way too long...............

Wear one if you wish, but I expect the same courtesy of keeping your blow hole shut if I don't......

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    Folks have forgotten what Freedom smells like..........

Take off that stupid face covering....it's not a mask and is useless.....

You've been lied to for way too long...............

Wear one if you wish, but I expect the same courtesy of keeping your blow hole shut if I don't......
    Amen brother.. it's the text book definition of a conspiracy.. (no THEORY ABOUT IT)

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I might get razzed for this, but I spent 25 minutes in a Walmart without the mask - was mostly able to stay 6 feet away from everybody by taking alternate aisles and such, but decided to mask when I got in the more densely populated line... seemed to work just fine, and didn't cause any confrontations.
    I haven't worn a mask in WM in months.

I carry one and pretend I'm gonna put it on when I enter but I just put it away and keep going.

I travel across country and never wear one at gas stations either. Only problem I ever had is one place wouldn't let me bring my own cup in. Said nothing about a mask.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    This is from my perspective, I believe this is a positive move in the right direction. We need to get this country back to some sense of normalcy. We’ve been living in fear for almost a year and this needs to end. Folks this is no more than common sense, wash your hands, cough in your elbow and don’t be in close proximity with people.Big brother wants to control our lives by keeping us suppressed and leading us around like sheep. This is still the land of the free and home of the brave. If you feel more secure wearing a mask than do so, but don’t judge me for not.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I carry one and pretend I'm gonna put it on when I enter but I just put it away and keep going.
    I did that at my Kroger. Kid asked if I needed a mask, I slightly pulled one out of my pocket and said no thanks, and he went back to wiping cart handles. Pretty much gave the impression that he did what he was instructed and didn't care about masks either way.

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    I wore a bandana in auto parts store, felt really weird walking in with my gun on my hip wearing the bandana.

I had to go to the bank about a month ago and put something in my safe deposit box. I normally just go to the drive through, but this time I had to go inside the lobby. Masks were required, so I pulled my bandana up over my nose and went inside. They have a 30.07 sign on the door, so I had my shirt tail untucked but my .45 was on my hip. There was an off duty cop working security at the front door and he noticed the bulge under my shirt. He looked at me funny, and I just nodded to him and walked on by. It felt really, really weird wearing a bandana pulled up over my nose and toting a 45 on my hip walking into the bank.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I had to go to the bank about a month ago and put something in my safe deposit box. I normally just go to the drive through, but this time I had to go inside the lobby. Masks were required, so I pulled my bandana up over my nose and went inside. They have a 30.07 sign on the door, so I had my shirt tail untucked but my .45 was on my hip. There was an off duty cop working security at the front door and he noticed the bulge under my shirt. He looked at me funny, and I just nodded to him and walked on by. It felt really, really weird wearing a bandana pulled up over my nose and toting a 45 on my hip walking into the bank.
    You should have reached out, shook his hand and say "My name's Jesse, Jesse James."

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Our governor has finally seen the light and is rolling back the BS mandates and allowing all businesses to be open 100% - I'm leery though that the county judges / mayors are going to try pulling shenanigans and its going to be more of the same BS. Glad to see that we'll be able to go to dinner as a family and not have to sit 2 booths apart (Texas Roadhouse made us do that, because we had a group of 8 and not just 6)
    Yep welcome back freedom, I'll continue to wear a mask when and where feasible. I choose to do it because it is right for me-I do not like being TOLD to do anything!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    C9,

" I choose to do it because it is right for me "

OK, would you explain that statement?

Not trying to give you a hard time, but I don't understand that.

Thanks!

PS, will there ever be a time in the future where you 100% of the time 'not' wear a mask?

Thanks again!

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    C9,

" I choose to do it because it is right for me "

OK, would you explain that statement?

Not trying to give you a hard time, but I don't understand that.

Thanks!

PS, will there ever be a time in the future where you 100% of the time 'not' wear a mask?

Thanks again!
    Sure, I had Covid back in November and it was brutal . I do not want it again! Therefore, I social distance and choose to wear a mask. Yes , I have researched this with my doctors and the VA and realize the reduction of risk is small if others do not also wear masks (the masks mainly reduce transmission by the wearer). However it is a small inconvenience and ANY risk reduction is valuable to me. I also get to laugh at folks without offending them ;) I am 71 by the way. Hell yes I'll stop wearing a mask ! Summer in Texas is rough enough without gasping for air ;) After my vaccine I'll probably stop.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    My bank has never posted 30.06 or 30.07 signs. They had a combined sign, not conforming to state law requirements, that prohibited firearms, masks, sunglasses, and hats while in the lobby. Basically, it was a gunbusters sign with add-ons.

Well, when the masks were mandated, they stopped trying to enforce anything on the sign. It's feels so odd that nowadays I can walk into my bank with a mask on while open-carrying my .45. I could have sworn that, a few years ago, that would have caused someone to hit an alarm and summon LE.

Not today. The corona weirdness has had some surprising side effects, hasn't it?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    C9,

Thanks for the reply!

I now understand your perspective.

Hope you didn't have it so bad you had to be hospitalized and it didn't leave you impaired.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    That is a good question. The Chinese have worn masks for quite a long time, but has that translated into better health for them? I thought that was more to curb the concerns of air pollution rather than illness though.

That is true. In many Asian countries, they have been wearing masks for many years.

I would think pollution was the reason as well.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom