Gun Zone Deals

Re-Opening / No more masks - too good to be true?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I always thought it had something to do with the high population density.

Which also accounts for higher pollution, and illness.

I think that's entirely possible too. Many Asian countries, the larger population densities are in very small areas that very vastly populated. Look at Japan. Very small island, with a very huge population that the majority is are in very densely populated cities.
    Military Camp

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Still feels weird putting a mask on to go into the bank.

Knowing my bank they'll still require them and keep the restroom locked up.
    My bank is by appointment. I have to call and make an appointment to visit my money.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    The guv says mask mandate will end in a few days, but some businesses say 'you' must still wear a mask if you want to do business with them - and I say - do without my business the same as if you posted a 30.06 sign.

They'll be plenty of businesses that aren't karen-ish...

I don't know, but my guess will be the left leaning businesses will still require masks, if we're lucky they'll go 'out of business'...

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    The guv says mask mandate will end in a few days, but some businesses say 'you' must still wear a mask if you want to do business with them - and I say - do without my business the same as if you posted a 30.06 sign.

They'll be plenty of businesses that aren't karen-ish...

I don't know, but my guess will be the left leaning businesses will still require masks, if we're lucky they'll go 'out of business'...

With the mandate lifted they have no
    leverage for enforcement.
    Other than “company policy”. When the company see’s revenue reduction that will change as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Oh well get this, some people "Hate it here" in Texas.

1614975532501.png

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    With the mandate lifted they have no
    leverage for enforcement.
    Other than “company policy”. When the company see’s revenue reduction that will change as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually they have enforcement. You walk past the big signs at the doors that say wear a mask or GFO. Manger or employees asks you to either leave or put on a mask. You say SFU. They call cops and you’re trespassing if you don’t leave once the cops ask you. Stores are private property and you can pretty much be asked to leave for almost anything.

Nothing has changed in TX. The only thing is that now counties, cities or businesses can’t point the finger upstream at the state and claim it’s not me doing this to you. Now those counties, cities and business are making the decisions without much finger pointing given them. I’m totally ok with that. Nobody is telling folks they can’t wear a mask.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    H-E-B president Scott McClelland talks masks with Chron

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEHhyAx-ZF-tLWxhxP5UFQuAqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowz939CjDL4fUCMMbW1wU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

ETA: I hope this isn't the same link Todd posted.
    Even I can make mistakes, I know, it's hard to believe.

It isn’t. My link was to the HEB corp newsroom site.

In other news, lots of hemming and hawing and sky is falling around this topic leads me to believe most people aren’t just shut-ins, but are also dumber than a box of methbillies.

As of today, there are 17 states without or soon to be without a mask mandate. I think I posted it to the covid thread, but in the end there isn’t a whole lot of reasons why no-mask states like FL to be doing better than mask states like CA when you compare apples to apples.

If science was simple, everybody could do it. My belief is there’s a whole lot of factors that are at play and masks are just one.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    I might get razzed for this, but I spent 25 minutes in a Walmart without the mask - was mostly able to stay 6 feet away from everybody by taking alternate aisles and such, but decided to mask when I got in the more densely populated line... seemed to work just fine, and didn't cause any confrontations.
    I don't wear one except if I have to go with wife to Dr appt and they require it. As far as 6' distance, I try to stay away from people anyway, so 6' is easy for me :)

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    6' of distance is gonna save your ass is an annoying joke.

60' or more less so, but in a confined space, puh-leeze, you're gonna breath in what others breath out if you're in that space for any length of time...

The utter bs the cdc/who and the other failed institutions spew have the naive buying into almost anything with the help of the msm...

But sure, wear a mask anytime you're awake or hell, when you're sleeping dumbass...

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    6' of distance is gonna save your ass is an annoying joke.

60' or more less so, but in a confined space, puh-leeze, you're gonna breath in what others breath out if you're in that space for any length of time...

The utter bs the cdc/who and the other failed institutions spew have the naive buying into almost anything with the help of the msm...

But sure, wear a mask anytime you're awake or hell, when you're sleeping dumbass...
    I dunno. I've been doing pretty well with it for the last year. Confined space is also relative. I spend time in a cockpit. I think THAT is a confined space. Walmart, when not busy, not really.

jonevill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Texas City
    I quit wearing a mask months ago. I go in Walmart, CVS, Home Depot, Lowe's, HEB, numerous restaurants. I have been offered a mask at some of these places and either just ignore the offer and keep on going, or just say "No thanks". The trick is to just keep walking and they will quickly give up. I still have to wear one at the VA though.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I still chuckle when I think about Todd saying (many months back when all this shit started) he was going to wear a mask made out of cheese cloth. That’s funny shit

In all my visits to medical facilities over the last 8 months I’ve only had 2 hand me a disposable mask since I always wear a bandana.

Personally I’m glad the mandate was lifted. Asses your situation & risk. Make up your own minds. The way it should be

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Masks are like vaccines. If you wear one, you have some degree of protection. If you don't, then your chances are higher than those that CHOOSE to wear one.
    Does wearing one guarantee safety? Nope. Does it improve your chances? Yup, otherwise doctors wouldn't wear them.
    It's like religion: what deity you believe in is your choice.

Top Bottom