Patriot Mobile

Re-Opening / No more masks - too good to be true?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Masks are like vaccines. If you wear one, you have some degree of protection. If you don't, then your chances are higher than those that CHOOSE to wear one.
    Does wearing one guarantee safety? Nope. Does it improve your chances? Yup, otherwise doctors wouldn't wear them.
    It's like religion: what deity you believe in is your choice.
    Masks give you no protection from getting covid. Minimal protection from giving it to someone else if you have it.
    Every study I have seen say the same thing. Efficacy against getting a disease while wearing one is less than 2%. Statistically, 0%. And your chance of bacterial pneumonia goes up. Quite a bit.
    People, including a lot of doctors wear them because,
    They are being forced to.
    It makes people feel like they are doing something.
    There lawyer told them to so they won't get sued.
    They are educated idiots to begin with.
    Or all the above.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Masks are like vaccines. If you wear one, you have some degree of protection. If you don't, then your chances are higher than those that CHOOSE to wear one.
    Does wearing one guarantee safety? Nope. Does it improve your chances? Yup, otherwise doctors wouldn't wear them.
    It's like religion: what deity you believe in is your choice.
    Actually there's mountains of evidence that wearing a restrictive mask significantly increases your chances of catching a respiratory disease.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Bought a couple hundred bucks worth of booze today, I was the only one with no mask, and nobody screeched at me. Pays off being such a good lookin' dude.

I submit my own lack of being attacked as evidence the your looks are not relevant. Or it’s possible that we are both so ugly the sheep are too repulsed to come near enough to screech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I did my research right after the mask mandates were issued. It led me to not wearing a mask. I have been fortunate that my nor my wife's work has been interrupted. The mask has been on my face 1 time in all this. I am a fuel hauler so breathing gas vapors probably kept the covid at bay, but exposed to it many times I have. My wife is a nurse and has dealt with it many times. Though her Dad and daughter have had the covid, both wore the mask religiously, the wife an I have not. I didn't stop living my life. This should have always been the choice of the individual to wear a face covering.
    Living in a smaller town it hasn't been an issue very often, when it does I leave and will not go back. That was my choice, not live in fear. I will say if the mask did any good at stopping anything but my ability to breathe, it would have been worn.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    It's funny how these recommendations tend to follow the money. NASA "oh yes, climate change is man made"; "hottest (you pick the month, on record)" when money was coming from Zero's admin. Under Trump zip. Now doctors? at CDC, WHO Fauci whatever, they seem not to be getting money from Trump but from somewhere else, Soros?, Stimulus add-ins? UN? surely not CCP?
    Reminds me of the old saying about those that can teach, teach. Those that can't, teach teachers, those that can't teach teachers work in libraries and educational institutes.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    It isn’t. My link was to the HEB corp newsroom site.

In other news, lots of hemming and hawing and sky is falling around this topic leads me to believe most people aren’t just shut-ins, but are also dumber than a box of methbillies.

As of today, there are 17 states without or soon to be without a mask mandate. I think I posted it to the covid thread, but in the end there isn’t a whole lot of reasons why no-mask states like FL to be doing better than mask states like CA when you compare apples to apples.

If science was simple, everybody could do it. My belief is there’s a whole lot of factors that are at play and masks are just one.
    Well it looks like Kroger will continue to cede even more of its business to HEB. I will only be picking up prescriptions at the Kroger drive thru for the foreseeable future. They say they will continue masking until their frontline people are all vaccinated. The store I went to never had many checkers on duty anyway while at HEB you always seem to be next in line.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Actually they have enforcement. You walk past the big signs at the doors that say wear a mask or GFO. Manger or employees asks you to either leave or put on a mask. You say SFU. They call cops and you’re trespassing if you don’t leave once the cops ask you. Stores are private property and you can pretty much be asked to leave for almost anything.

Nothing has changed in TX. The only thing is that now counties, cities or businesses can’t point the finger upstream at the state and claim it’s not me doing this to you. Now those counties, cities and business are making the decisions without much finger pointing given them. I’m totally ok with that. Nobody is telling folks they can’t wear a mask.

Three different stores yesterday here in SA. All had signs.
    No mask for me.
    No one and I mean no one gave me the look or said a word. Did my business and left.

If I can smell your farts through your jeans do you really think that rag on yo face will save you.

Seems to me most folks have had enough “big brother” and are moving on with their life as they see fit.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Went in to Bucees Temple location several times this week. Every single time I looked and never spotted anyone else NOT wearing a mask.

Go in fairly often and have never been told to put one on either.

FWIW, maybe 6 months ago I went in and on 2/3-3/4 of those inside had masks. Not sure what changed.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Walking the dog this weekend at the local park here in Burnet.

They had little league games running 6-8 fields I would guess 1500 or so people each day and I only saw 3 masks total over 2 days.

Granted we only walk for about an hour each day.

Top Bottom