• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Backward thinking idiots. So I guess if a woman was being beaten half to death in the friggin parking lot an employee is suppose to stand there, watch, and continue munching down on his Snickers? What if that had been that store managers wife being attacked? Guess he would probably go by a dumb ass company policy and stand there and watch too?

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    It might sound stupid, but the company policy is sound. Employees are not law enforcement officers, and are bound by the terms of their employment contracts. If the employee had caused the situation to escalate resulting in grievous injury or death, Wal-Mart would have been held liable.

On the other hand, I'm sure Wally has already offered the employee a job at another store.

Just last year or two ago a shoplifter shot and killed a police officer in the Austin area -- the employees did exactly what they were told to do -- call the cops and get out of the way.

Still no .22 LR at any of Wallys I frequent in over one week! Sigh.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    It might sound stupid, but the company policy is sound. Employees are not law enforcement officers, and are bound by the terms of their employment contracts. If the employee had caused the situation to escalate resulting in grievous injury or death, Wal-Mart would have been held liable.

On the other hand, I'm sure Wally has already offered the employee a job at another store.

Just last year or two ago a shoplifter shot and killed a police officer in the Austin area -- the employees did exactly what they were told to do -- call the cops and get out of the way.

^This to the T. Including the .22 lr part.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The employee made a decision. All decisions have consequence. He had to make a moral decision, follow policy or help a person in need. Each had consequence. I probably would have done the same.

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas

The company policy might be sound for them, but not the victim. Any man who would stand and watch a women be assaulted and not help ain't much of a man. You don't have to be a law enforcement officer to stop an assault of a women or another man

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The company policy might be sound for them, but not the victim. Any man who would stand and watch a women be assaulted and not help ain't much of a man. You don't have to be a law enforcement officer to stop an assault of a women or another man

The policy is not the issue. It is the fortitude of the man. ;)

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I'm a little surprised every retailer I worked for had policies regarding saying, don't physically confront someone. Product is cheaper than hospital bills.

But they all had caveats for if someone was on physically being harmed. Then they had language saying do what you need to do.

Top Bottom