• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    In San Patricio County they use to call EMS out for blood draws on warrants done over the phone. Couldn't use alcohol preps cause that might contaminate the evidence, and lots of them would fight making it a really hairy situation with a needle in the air

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I am 100% opposed to blood draws.

They are taking the entire drunk driving thing too far in terms of it's finite definition. There needs to be a logical impairment standard beyond a BAC. Alcohol is a chemical, and it's effects are widely variable on the human body like any other chemical.

If they want to crack down on drunk driving then they should enforce the laws and put teeth into them. Shoving a needle into Joe P. Public's arm is way off limits.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I don't agree with it for various reasons including safety being #1 when they decide to fight... the disease issue is not an issue as I treat all my patient's the same in that respect. I agree it is going a bit far to determine intoxication.

There was a Cheif Deputy here long time ago who told the officers if you have to do a field sobriety test to determine public intox (PI) then you are wasting your time. I understand that DWI is a whole nother level, but agree there should be a better way to determine intoxication other than just by blood or breath.

What do they do if they suspect intox by means of drugs and can't get a warrant for blood draw, do they let them go? Asking legit question here for LEO's what course of action do you have if you can't do blood or breath test?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    im no leo, but am i wrong in thinkingt hat if there is no evidence there isnt a case? i mean comon, i for one have squinty eyes from to much time working outside in the texas sun, and i am sick of cops seeing my hair or bandanna and automatically harrasing me for being some skeevy stoner! to think that i might get tackled and my vital bodily fluids robbed of me is more than an unsafe and unnesecary health risk and a massive invasion of privacy, it is another excuse to take away civil liberties from american citizens "for the common good".
    already it is within the law to be designated an enemy combatant for breaking any law, or endangering human life in anyway(*). next they will be pulling you out of your car, drawing your blood putting it on file, taking you out back and shooting you without a trial for somethign liek forgetting to use a blinker!
    maybe i am over reacting, but i think if the american people continue to laydown and take in in the @$$ fromt his kindof reckless legistlation we are going to have to take the stars off the flag and put up a hammer and sycle or swastika or somehting...

:patriot:
    god bless america.
    strike that...
    God help America!

* - section 802 patriot act

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    You can never go wrong - politically - by appeasing MADD. Coming soon - capital punishment for blowing more than a 0.1. Do it for the children, etc etc etc.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    i actually just did my first venipucture last friday. it isn't rocket science, but the risk to both the driver and the police officer is real. so are they going to start keeping dry ice in the police car at all times?

i really don't understand the bit about a breathilizer requireing a warrent, but a blood draw requires only reasonable suspicion.

this whole thing just stinks.

I have an idea. we have a doctor and nurse shortage. . . .make the police into part time doctors as part of the new healthcare reform bill!!!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    BOISE, Idaho — When police officer Darryll Dowell is on patrol in the southwestern Idaho city of Nampa, he'll pull up at a stoplight and usually start casing the vehicle. Nowadays, his eyes will also focus on the driver's arms, as he tries to search for a plump, bouncy vein.
    "I was looking at people's arms and hands, thinking, 'I could draw from that,'" Dowell said.

This is a ghoulish little twerp who should not be in the job he is in if this is how he really thinks.:eek:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    How about if I pee in a cup and hand it to them?

I will pee on scene.

Oh dear, that's not very lady like is it?

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    BOISE, Idaho — When police officer Darryll Dowell is on patrol in the southwestern Idaho city of Nampa, he'll pull up at a stoplight and usually start casing the vehicle. Nowadays, his eyes will also focus on the driver's arms, as he tries to search for a plump, bouncy vein.
    "I was looking at people's arms and hands, thinking, 'I could draw from that,'" Dowell said.

This is a ghoulish little twerp who should not be in the job he is in if this is how he really thinks.:eek:
    "Thats profilin', and profilin is wronnng"

Libertarian_Longhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    This is a blatant violation. But if push comes to shove, I would RATHER have blood taken than breathalyzed. Although, I'd like it taken in the presence of a certified phlebotomist and a court order.

Top Bottom