• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frijolero817

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Let super cop go ahead and do it. My wife does phlebotomy (hope I wrote it right) and she has a hard time hitting veins on a squirming five year old, and is lucky to not have accidentally stuck herself. Imagine trying to stick someone who is 6'4" and 250 lbs and acting like a five year old throwing a tantrum; then try not sticking yourself after the needle is contaminated. The first "oh shit I've stuck myself", anti-viral dosages, and repeated tests to see if you've contracted HIV or hep C from a suspected DUI will probably change minds. Or maybe not, but I still think this idea is crap. If they're that intoxicated that you could draw blood right then due to probable cause, you can wait an hour to get the warrant and go to a hospital. If they don't turn up over the legal limit after that, but could have been if you drew immediately then you still prevented a possible accident since you got a suspected drunk off the road. Win/Win right?

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Refusing to consent to the breath test at the station is grounds for losing your license. I don't remember if that applies to the crappy roadside PBT.

Don't you get a complimentary ride back to the station in the back of cruiser if you refuse to do a roadside test where they will then administer a test at the station? (EDIT: I see that I need to learn to read - this has already been established)

I thought that the roadside test's purpose was to determine whether or not you needed to be tested at the station and didn't count for much more than establishing probable cause. I know that some models of portable breathalizer will read artificially high if the officer happens to key down on their radio while the test is being performed...

Top Bottom