• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If you would like to have a CHL, but haven't applied, why not?

• I have my CHL

Votes: 34 54.8%
    • Cost ($140 initial; $70 renewal)

Votes: 9 14.5%
    • Required class time (10hr. initial; 4 hr. renewal)

Votes: 6 9.7%
    • Too many areas where CHL's can't carry their guns

Votes: 2 3.2%
    • Don't know how to go about getting one

Votes: 1 1.6%
    • Other (explain)

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters

VictorInATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    I have traffic ticket warrants. :mad:

That's the only reason. It's in excess of $1200. If I knew I could get my CHL, i'd gladly take the course again (I had already taken it in 2005, but was told I couldn't get my license due to having existing warrants for traffic tickets, so I never mailed my info in with the check for the license fee).

If for some reason Texas law allows CHL processing with traffic citations turning into warrants, i'll do the class all over again if necessary.

dmjung

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Having to set aside a whole day for the class is a non-starter for me. With that said, a friend at work is working with an instructor to set up taking the class over a couple of evenings and then hitting the range some weekend. Looks like that may occur in the near future so I'll be out of excuses. :)

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    It's work in progress...

I did the class last month but still haven't had a chance to mail in the paper work/Ap. I opted for the electronic fingure prints and the machine was broke so they said they would have to mail them. But I had to leave to leave the state for two months. So here I am out of town still waiting on myh prints. I plan on getting a set of rolled prints here locally and have it in the mail before the end of the week.

On a side note, I'm not sure how well it will work but I'm currently in a sate that will issue a CHL to an out of town resident and the CHL is resipical in Texas. It also only takes the DPS like 4-5 days to process the info. So I signed up for a class that is less than half what it cost me in Texas. I still have to double check it but hopefully I can use it until I get my Texas CHL.

IZinterrogator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Fort Hood/Killeen, TX
    Alrighty, I don't currently have my TX CHL, rather a WA license from our prior Conus station. However, CHL will be had asap upon next Conus PCS. Seems TX don't like WA riff-raff just walking in hot (no WA reciprocity in TX) :D
    Shorts, you can carry with a WA license in TX, but you can't carry with a TX license in WA. Seems WA don't like TX riff-raff just walking in hot. :p

TxShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Houston Metro Area
    I have traffic ticket warrants. :mad:

That's the only reason. It's in excess of $1200. If I knew I could get my CHL, i'd gladly take the course again (I had already taken it in 2005, but was told I couldn't get my license due to having existing warrants for traffic tickets, so I never mailed my info in with the check for the license fee).

If for some reason Texas law allows CHL processing with traffic citations turning into warrants, i'll do the class all over again if necessary.

Simple solution to your problem.....

PAY YOUR WARRANTS!!!!

Once you no longer have any outstanding traffic citations you will have no problem. You do realize you can go to jail for these, right?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom