Gun Zone Deals

Reasonable FFL Transfers in Austin Area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j.r.flaco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Austin
    Reasonable FFL transfers in Austin area

I use & recommend Don Loucks of Don Loucks Firearms in Cedar Creek off of Hiway 71. Phone #512-308-1800. By appointment, his fee is $15.00. A great person to deal with; I have used him for about a year. Give him a call.
    Guns International

gunbubba

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Don Loucks

I didn't know Don had a shop, but he is a great guy. I would wholeheartedly recommend him for sure. I just wish his shop was a little closer to Austin.

sslal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    ffl info request

sig fiend could you send me the contact info for the ffl you sent to gulpilot?

Annie Oakley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Austin
    Gulfpilot, I just sent you a PM with an email address. I'm not sure if he wants it posted up here or not, so that's why I PM'd it. He's in Pflugerville, and last I heard and dealt with him he was only charging $6. He's a stand up guy and excellent to deal with. I highly recommend him.
    Could you send me the info on the guy who does transfers for $6? That is terrific! And anyone else please email if you know people who do them for $20 or less in the Austin area... THANKS
    RTreadaway@hotmail.com

tasslehawf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I haven't done an FFL transfer, but I worry that if I bought something online and had it shipped to one of my local gun shops, they would be resentful that I didn't order from them... maybe I'm being too sensative?

perdurabo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Thats the reason that some FFLs charge more than $20 for a transfer, which amounts to about 5 minutes of paperwork.

If they're the kind who get butthurt about losing the opportunity to gouge you, then you probably should never shop there in the first place. Keep in mind that you don't have to get transfers from gun store dealers. Licensed gunsmiths and pawn brokers can do transfers as well, and will likely have much less of a conflict of interest about you getting a transfer instead of paying their sucker price.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Who cares if they don't like it. There isn't much profit margin in gun sales, so it's not like they'd be "loosing" much money. If they're really that upset over someone doing a transfer, they're just insecure.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I go to Lonestar range in Lockhart. $25 (if you have a CHL) and Matt will do multiple guns on the same form and not charge extra. There are a few cheaper guys up North but Lonestar is closer and more convenient for me, and I am always treated well there.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I use the action pawn in cedar park. Sam is an honest, professional and courteous person. They charge about $20(21.60 IIRC) to accept guns. Not sure what the outgoing fees are but these guys get most of my business.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Thread revival. I am still unclear whether or not an individual in Texas can ship a rifle to a FFL, also in Texas. I'd love to save the transfer fee on the shipping end if this is possible.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Thread revival. I am still unclear whether or not an individual in Texas can ship a rifle to a FFL, also in Texas. I'd love to save the transfer fee on the shipping end if this is possible.

its cheaper to send through an ffl if its a complete firearm. you are required to overnight it. if you send through an ffl, they arent held to that requirement thus ship times "may" take longer but is cheaper anyways.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Yes you can. But, if you're selling a rifle to anther person in the same state, why not just ship to him directly?

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    maybe to cover himself. as far as background check, dunno. sounds like he wants to use an ffl at the recieving end though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I had several people ask me, so I thought I would post it here. This is the guy I've used in the past in the Round Rock area. Adrien.chopin@austin.rr.com I believe that's still his current email address. Let me know if it's not and I'll search through my emails to find it.

Top Bottom