Hurley's Gold

Reasonable FFL Transfers in Austin Area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GULFPILOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Ausin, Texas
    Im looking for a business/individual with an FFL to handle an out of state firearm transfer in the greater Austin area. Can anyone recommend a reasonable one under $25? Thx
    Venture Surplus ad

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Gulfpilot, I just sent you a PM with an email address. I'm not sure if he wants it posted up here or not, so that's why I PM'd it. He's in Pflugerville, and last I heard and dealt with him he was only charging $6. He's a stand up guy and excellent to deal with. I highly recommend him.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    6$? that's an insanely great transfer fee. The cheapest I've found being listed was $20 and I thought that was good.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Question on FFL Transfers...

I recently talked to a person selling on GB and they stated that the last time they tried to sell something to someone in TX (Houston to be exact), they couldn't due to a restriction on a Private seller shipping to an FFL for a interstate transfer?

Any word on this?

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Question on FFL Transfers...

I recently talked to a person selling on GB and they stated that the last time they tried to sell something to someone in TX (Houston to be exact), they couldn't due to a restriction on a Private seller shipping to an FFL for a interstate transfer?

Any word on this?

Should be up to the FFL. My local FFL just accepted a transfer from a private seller in California for my boss. So apparently it can happen, but I have heard of FFL's refusing to accept shipments from individuals. I assume this would be out of fear of unknown origin of the gun.

JTRTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Gulfpilot, I just sent you a PM with an email address. I'm not sure if he wants it posted up here or not, so that's why I PM'd it. He's in Pflugerville, and last I heard and dealt with him he was only charging $6. He's a stand up guy and excellent to deal with. I highly recommend him.

Can you PM me his name/number/email too? thx

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    A non-FFL can only ship via common carrier and they require overnight service so it's gonna cost you $60 or so to ship it. It's usually much cheaper to have an FFL ship it for you as they have more options.

And most FFL's will not accept a hand gun from a non FFL out of state.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Also be prepared to travel if you live in Austin city proper... all the good FFL's will be in Round Rock and other outlying areas.

He's right.... it is way better to buy from an FFL than a non-FFL, it would probably be faster and cheaper to have them transfer it to their FFL, and have that person ship it to your FFL. It is way more efficient and more than likely will be cheaper.

perdurabo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Steve Ou of Spreadfire Arms has an appointment only premises in NW Austin off Anderson Mill and 183 (about 300 yards from the asshats at Heritage Firearms, actually). Steve charges $10 for a standard transfer, and $10+ actual shipping for shipping a pistol via USPS with a form 1508. He also does NFA transfers for $50 and will offer a discount if you are transferring multiple receivers, etc in a single order.

Spreadfire Arms - Class III Weapons Dealer, CHL Training, and Private Security Training, Austin, Texas

gunbubba

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Gary Foster, Oak Hill

There is a new guy listed on Auction Arms. I have talked to him and he seems like a decent guy. He does some gunsmithing/repair in the Oak Hill area. He is going to be charging $25 for transfers. The only downside is he is a one man operation and he isn't always at the shop. Gary Foster 8703 Hwy. 290 W. Austin, TX 78736 FFL Transfer Fee: $25.00 512-288-2324

jay524288

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Austin, TX
    There's a guy in Plugerville who charges $6. I've used him a few times with no problems.

I don't know if he'd care if I gave his contact info here, but just in case I won't. However you can find him on The High Road (THR - Powered by vBulletin) and his username is 'waterhouse'.

HighPoint

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    TX Hill Country
    Hey folks,
    Newbie to the forum. I need the info for cheap Austin area FFL transfers. I have 2 stripped lowers ordered and have been told anywhere from $50-$100 to transfer them. Anybody know a place that can do 2 transfers for less than $50 plus tax?

Thanks!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hey folks,
    Newbie to the forum. I need the info for cheap Austin area FFL transfers. I have 2 stripped lowers ordered and have been told anywhere from $50-$100 to transfer them. Anybody know a place that can do 2 transfers for less than $50 plus tax?

Thanks!

I just sent you a PM.

Top Bottom