ARJ Defense ad

Reasonable price for a gun smith to change out an AR handguard?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Maybe you could ship your upper and new hand guard to someone willing to make the swap for you? I'd think shipping both ways would be less than $30.

Woops... just read that you accomplished the swap two months ago.:o
    Venture Surplus ad

bptactical

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    CO
    If you've mechanically inclined enough to 'smith, you can gross at least that working for some fool who deals with all the admin bullshit for you.

And then you are doing just what I am doing everything to avoid, working for some fool.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    And then you are doing just what I am doing everything to avoid, working for some fool.

That would be every boss out there. They get paid the big bucks (small business owner? Big bucks? LOL.) to handle all that crap, and I'm gonna make what I make or I'll go elsewhere.

I'm more than happy to let whoever is cutting my paycheck handle all that annoying regulatory crap.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Wouldn't working for someone else, especially a gun shop, also have the potential to get you more exposure/jobs as well as helping to start your reputation if you are new? Now I'm rather tempted to eventually try to get into this field, although I've got a long way to go before I have enough tools to even think about it.

Maybe you could ship your upper and new hand guard to someone willing to make the swap for you? I'd think shipping both ways would be less than $30.

Woops... just read that you accomplished the swap two months ago.:o

More than that even. I got this done a few days before hicksville last year. I'm amazed this thread is still going :D

jtw2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Cedar Creek
    I am in a northernmost suburb of metro Denver.
    I am native here and yes, it sure isn't the state I grew up in. Imagine, my freshman year I built a copy of the Modena rifle in Industrial Arts.
    It does suck that the looney lefties gathered here like ticks on a deer and are wanting THEIR utopian paradise. Unfortunately they have the majority in the house and senate and were able to cram some crappy legislation through.
    We have had two successful recalls and are working on a third and the governor is hiding under the porch, he knows he is toast.
    We will see what the 2014 midterms bring.

small world. I grew up in Brighton and lived between Brighton and Commerce City until last year when I escaped the take over.

Top Bottom