• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm a real believer in wearing protective equipment in a SHTF situation. The problem is that I'm a BIG guy and most of that equipment is sized to fit little people! Another issue is cost. Folks are proud of that equipment.

J&G in Prescott, AZ, started carrying two types of protective equipment for a very reasonable price. The brand is NC Star, long known for cheap optics. The vest is made in China but the soft armor is made in the USA. As all soft armor, it has a 5 year rating on the panels.

The cop style "T" shirt style is available for a great price. It wasn't what I wanted.

I wanted the military style vest with attachments for a holster, magazine pouch and appropriate "Infidel" and USA, patches. My vest had the option of side soft panels ($59 for both sides) which I ordered with it. Cost to my door was $227! The best part was that it fit the big boy!

I have NO connection with J&G and only offer this info to help other big guys get the right equipment. Look it up!

Flash
    Capitol Armory ad

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Most vests are designed for folks who have no belly. Most "cummerbunds" are too short to go around a full size man. This one adjusts out to 57" max.

The best part is that if we remove the two side panels ($59) from my $227 shipped cost of the vest, that leaves $168 for the basic vest with front and rear strike panels. That's impossible to beat!

The trend in ballistic vests is to reduce the size of the vest to protect vital areas only. The old "flak Jacket" down to the waist isn't seen in today's designs. That leaves a "Jethro Bodine" type fit with a short vest. This particular vest minimizes that embarrassing fit and it's workable.

Flash

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    J&G quite often has really good deals on things. They always seem to run the best deals when I'm least able to do anything about them, but maybe that's just my imagination.

ADDENDUM: I forgot to ask you about the threat level on your body armour.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I didn't want to abuse my membership status in TBT by publishing a full ad for J&G products. Give it a look in their website, OK?

Flash

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I didn't want to abuse my membership status in TBT by publishing a full ad for J&G products. Give it a look in their website, OK?

Flash

Assuming you meant "TGT", posting an ad from an unoffiliated company would be no issue on the forum side.

If the issue is not related to forum then feel free to ignore. Just offering clarification from this end.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Thanks for catching my typo error. Yes, TGT is what I meant.

It just didn't seem fair to give free advertising to a company that doesn't support TGT when there are many others who do support TGT, like Copes Supply. My purpose was to let big guys know that there is HOPE in finding a vest for a full sized man.

Getting specific, I am 6'1" and 266 pounds. Yes, the mid part is rounded, (not flabby).....snicker.

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I just went to the J&G site and couldn't find the vest that I bought. I found the "Discrete" cop type. Then I remembered that I called them, asked about that vest and said that I preferred the military vest with molle attachments on the front. He said they had those but I saw no reference to that vest on the site.

SO.... to clarify, call about the discrete vest, then ask about the military version of the vest.

Sorry about the misunderstanding (on my part).

Flash

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thanks for catching my typo error. Yes, TGT is what I meant.

It just didn't seem fair to give free advertising to a company that doesn't support TGT when there are many others who do support TGT, like Copes Supply. My purpose was to let big guys know that there is HOPE in finding a vest for a full sized man.

Getting specific, I am 6'1" and 266 pounds. Yes, the mid part is rounded, (not flabby).....snicker.

Flash

Perfectly admirable reasoning.

Wasn't trying to point out a typo, just wasn't sure if "TBT" was a different org that would create conflict.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Sorry, I don't know the difference. Give the guys at J&G a call.

Yes, TBT is "Trinity Bay Tactical" a place where I hang out a lot. I'm like a member of their family.

Flash

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom