Patriot Mobile

Recent new FN FNX purchase - did I actually buy used?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    By machine gun ammo do you mean Hirtenberger L7A1? I have some of this & can't say its ammo that is in high circulation.

I don’t know what the prevalence of machine gun Ammo is now, but 30 + years ago I bought some military surplus that was just called military surplus. It was a few spam cans from Israel I believe. It completely locked and froze up the firing pin group in an HK P7. It was extremely difficult to get a new replacement module at that time.

I had a friend that had a finicky full auto Uzi and he said it was unreliable with off the shelf Ammo. We used the rest of that Ammo in his UZi and it ran great. I had tried that Ammo in My high power and felt like I was shooting magnums. That was scary to shoot. The P7 probably didn’t recoil as bad due to having a gas system.

Then of course reloads can be maxed out or beyond to achieve similar results.

Chips n Salsa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    Plano
    I have that same pistol. Bought it 2013. Shoot it 3 - 4 times a year. My FNX is at 3k - 5k rounds guesstimating. I would guess your pistol has at least 100 rounds shot to get that level of Cerakote removal.
    5FE8A020-149A-40FA-9470-BA217415D89A.jpeg

Attachments

• 5FE8A020-149A-40FA-9470-BA217415D89A.jpeg
      5FE8A020-149A-40FA-9470-BA217415D89A.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 248

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    For sure, and most guys know that except for possibly a few newbies.

New cars have a few miles on them as well, but I want to be the guy that breaks MY new car in.

If that gun was returned the dealer, it could have have been for a number of reasons.

What if the guy shot machine gun Ammo in it, putting extra stress on parts. Or shot hot reloads, or a Squibb reload and put a minor ring in the barrel that is almost undetectable unless you are looking for it.

And of course the guy will swear that he only put 2 mags through it when in fact he put 4-5 50 round boxes through it.

If I pay for a new gun, it should be new. That way I know it’s history. But more importantly I PAID for a new gun (being test fired a given).

A used gun is discounted and buyer beware comes along with that, that’s part of the gamble for the cheaper price paid.
    I still find the thought of machine gun ammo being used in a 45 ACP pistol funny.

The FNX is +P rated btw.

Top Bottom