• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Unfortunately, as previously discussed , I lost my bid for POTUS, because "that other guy" had mo' money.

Doesn't mean I can't takle the tough issues. The big snake problem in the Everglades. HELLO!!! BOUNTY!!!

That's step one in my 3 step plan. Every redneck in the swamp would wake up thinking:" easy money ". And outside of Florida , there would be an influx of rednecks from all over the Country , ....an Anaconda run rivaling the California gold rush.

To reinforce the lure, and draw in the masses: a reality show with men wearing womens underwear and acting the fool, making it look easy to score. "Swamp real mens."

Then, to further follow the tried and true method of eradication to extinction, expand the market for python and anacondas, by making them a delicacy.

Anaconda nacos and fajitas.

See...aren't you sorry you didn't write me in fo POTUS.
    Texas SOT

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    benenglish,

Did it?

I'm guessing (I don't know) it didn't, but then maybe the bounty was low...?

Do you know how much it was?

Thank you!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    No, not at all. That was my point. Once an invasive species reaches a certain point, nothing works.

There are plenty of examples. Think...kudzu, asian carp, and countless others.

ETA: I shouldn't speak in absolutes. I suppose it's possible for a few things to work. Passenger pigeons were good to eat and were hunted to extinction but that, apparently, was due to their being poorly evolved to withstand hunting. I suppose if Louisiana had managed to make eating nutria really popular their population could have been controlled. Somehow, though, the public decided that eating something that looked like a giant rat was less desirable than eating plump little birds. Thus, the state of Louisiana failed to make eating nutria fashionable.

If anybody has an example of an invasive species taking a firm hold, becoming a problem, then being successfully removed within the last 100 years, I'd love to hear about it. I just can't think of such a case.

Last edited:

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    No, not at all. That was my point. Once an invasive species reaches a certain point, nothing works.

There are plenty of examples. Think...kudzu, asian carp, and countless others.

Yes, but all the rest of those examples are free to roam the Country. The big snakes are pretty much limited to Florida.

So, plan B:
    See...here's what we're gonna do. First we build one of them thar windfarmy thangs, but we make 'em battery operated reverse. Point 'em towards Cuba. Then we get a bunch of good ol' boys with great big chainsaws and cut Florida offin at tha border. Then fire up them big propellers.

I know it sounds spensive, but not only will it get rid of them pesky snakes and Cubans, but thank of the Social Security savins fer the gov.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Maybe if someone could provide a bunch of rats to use for snake bait.....

I'm yo man, sign me up. Little sheets made more babies last night.

Seriously, though, it's not the babies that are the problem, it's too many adults that are like...well, keeping a litter of puppies. It's not going to be easy to thin them out. I've got a couple of candidates, but, it's just not going to be easy to put the gun behind their ears and pull the trigger. I'm getting soft in my old age.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Why not offer people federal or state jobs to hunt these pest down? You create jobs and help families,that’s a great thing. You restore balance to the environment, too. A department for this already existing or made is more useful than programs that need to be disbanded such as the batf.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Why not offer people federal or state jobs to hunt these pest down? You create jobs and help families,that’s a great thing. You restore balance to the environment, too. A department for this already existing or made is more useful than programs that need to be disbanded such as the batf.

Heck yeah, why not? They can't deliver mail, what's to say they can't eradicate anacondas. What the hey, 100 million to get it started, ya figure?

Top Bottom