Recognition for Police Officers

Discussion in 'Automotive / Motorcycle Chat' started by texas_teacher, Jul 10, 2009.

1. texas_teacher

texas_teacher Well-Known

Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    This is so bad ass...

For those of you that haven't gotten the chance to see this yet here is the police vehicle of the near future...

http://www.carbonmotors.com/

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    That's pretty nice. Even the backseat rocks ... Not that I ever want to ride in it.

3. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Pretty cool looking car.

4. texas_teacher

texas_teacher Well-Known

Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I thought so too... I also like the integrated shotgun and AR mounts so those aren't in your line of sight while driving the entire time...

5. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Man that wild.
    Makes me think of moves like Free Jack.

6. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I doubt it'll ever happen. With all the features they're listing, it's going to be stupid expensive.

I wonder which Euro company is building the engine and trans for them... I forsee problems with this vehicle if it ever hits the market and they're using a Euro-sourced drivetrain.

7. carney

carney Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Outside DFW metromess.
    Almost all of those features are optional, and the price is said to be "comparable" to a fully equipped police vehicle, which is quite expensive to begin with when you figure in the price of the vehicle 20,000ish; all the different lighting, radios, cameras, radars, computers, gun racks, etc; and the installtion costs.

Also the vehicles are supposed to be equipped with diesel engines, which would result in less fuel economy, and a longer vehicle, life. Which would also save the city, county, state whatever more money in the long run.

Also the vehicles will be purchased back from the agency, by the manufacturer, resulting in less money and headache getting the vehicles stripped back down of all the equipment and such, just to be put in an auction to recoup a couple hundered to a few thousand back.

8. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've worked on quite a few ex-cop cars, and they usually don't bother stripping the old gear out, since it's at the end of its lifespan and typically is obsolete by that point anyway.

9. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    Its a dream ride, not to have the center console pushing the butt of your gun into your side.

10. texas_teacher

texas_teacher Well-Known

Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I bet that'd be a nice plus and the fact that you can look right and see road and not just a Toughbook screen...