• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I doubt it'll ever happen. With all the features they're listing, it's going to be stupid expensive.

I wonder which Euro company is building the engine and trans for them... I forsee problems with this vehicle if it ever hits the market and they're using a Euro-sourced drivetrain.

carney

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2008
    Outside DFW metromess.
    I doubt it'll ever happen. With all the features they're listing, it's going to be stupid expensive.

Almost all of those features are optional, and the price is said to be "comparable" to a fully equipped police vehicle, which is quite expensive to begin with when you figure in the price of the vehicle 20,000ish; all the different lighting, radios, cameras, radars, computers, gun racks, etc; and the installtion costs.

Also the vehicles are supposed to be equipped with diesel engines, which would result in less fuel economy, and a longer vehicle, life. Which would also save the city, county, state whatever more money in the long run.

Also the vehicles will be purchased back from the agency, by the manufacturer, resulting in less money and headache getting the vehicles stripped back down of all the equipment and such, just to be put in an auction to recoup a couple hundered to a few thousand back.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've worked on quite a few ex-cop cars, and they usually don't bother stripping the old gear out, since it's at the end of its lifespan and typically is obsolete by that point anyway.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Its a dream ride, not to have the center console pushing the butt of your gun into your side.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Its a dream ride, not to have the center console pushing the butt of your gun into your side.
    For sure center consoles are not your friend when you are in a gun belt. I got lucky and found that sweet spot in my pathfinder, all tho I'm still constantly moving and repositioning until I get out of my car.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    That company sent us some stuff on those cars but we get CV's for about 16000 then put all the other stuff on ourselves ( partition, lightbar, gunracks and camera)

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    All I want to know is where the ma deuce turret is, oh yeah and the buttons to drop an oil slick or deploy caltrops. ;)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom