• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2020
    Huntsville
    My AR10 is heavy as heck. I can only shoot 2-3 rounds offhand before the hand/arm shake starts. I need a good sling not just for carry but one that could, hopefully, help stabilize while shooting offhand.

Any good recommendations? I have keymod slots on the foregrip and a quick mount hole (is that correct terminology?) in the stock.

Forum sponsors please chime in.

John Galt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2020
    Huntsville
    Those look interesting. I like the Larue but don't see it in black and the padded LBT doesn't really say much about it in the description. I didn't really look at the Troy since, well honestly, if you hated the snaps I probably would too.

Would you recommend one over the other?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Those look interesting. I like the Larue but don't see it in black and the padded LBT doesn't really say much about it in the description. I didn't really look at the Troy since, well honestly, if you hated the snaps I probably would too.

Would you recommend one over the other?
    The LBT I think is for the M60. Its pretty simple. I like the Larues, but have them on my M16 & aAR

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The nice thing about the Larue ones are the come off real easy. Slings are great when you are actually using them, but they can get in the way at times. The Larue's can be used on other guns without additional crap to buy.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    That looks interesting, but I always doubt Amazon stuff (the price looks good though). How is the quality?
    Excellent quality. Very well made. I haven't put them through heavy use, but they feel like they will hold up well. Made in USA. They sell different colors on their website. A couple bucks cheaper on their website but black is back ordered.

I have a Magpul MS-1 sling also. I would say build quality is about equal. I actually prefer the STI sling tho because of the quick adjustable loop and softer tube webbing. And of course the $20 price differential.

https://sear-tactical.myshopify.com/

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Another vote for Blue Force VCAS. Two of my ARs share the same regular non-padded one with QD swivels. MP5 has a padded one with QD HK hook.

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I see you already got your sling. I was going to say I have both the padded Viking Tactics and the padded Blue Force Gear. I got them mostly to help with rapid cinch downs for hands-free use and quick loosening, which they both did really well.

At first I preferred the Blue Force Gear, though, until I got it wet and muddy. Unfortunately, the Blue Force Gear’s heavy cotton web, once wet, and especially if muddy, causes the cotton to expand, making the cinch down tab difficult, if not mostly impossible to move. The Viking uses thinner nylon webbing. Not sure which webbing is stronger, but the rapid cinching and loosening of the tab on the Blue Force Gear’s cotton webbing became useless once wet.

As for the padding, I was disappointed with both. When worn with the rifle across the front or back, the padding never lay across my shoulder or trapezoids, the area of the body that bears the brunt of the rifle’s weight. Instead, it would lay across the front or back torso area. And swinging the rifle from front to back or vice versa was difficult when also wearing a backpack or camelback. Sometimes it would get caught on the backpack’s shoulder straps. I’m not sure if the padding was the cause of that, but I suspect it might have been somewhat of a factor. No such problem when not wearing anything else with shoulder straps, though.

Top Bottom