• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Thanks for all the input guys. I went with the Blue Force Vickers Padded sling. I'll check back when it comes in and let you know what I think.
    200_d.gif

Attachments

• 200_d.gif
      200_d.gif
      262.4 KB · Views: 374

RSBro

No Limit Honky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2019
    Magnolia, Texas
    After watching some Flannel Daddy vids, came to look at these today so good thread, good info.

Looking to go with the LaRue sling as it has the QD mounts already installed and I don't have any so makes that easy.

Quick question and I'm trying to word this right- how does everyone install their sling? Flannel Daddy and others I see have a QD mount all the way to the front on your supporting hand, and then either run thru your stock or with a QD mount there.
    My KAC SR-15 (and others for sure) has a built-in QD mount further back on the M-Lock rail, and then has QD mounts on either side behind the grip. I'm sure it's all down to preference, but it's interesting KAC put it there.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    After watching some Flannel Daddy vids, came to look at these today so good thread, good info.

Looking to go with the LaRue sling as it has the QD mounts already installed and I don't have any so makes that easy.

Quick question and I'm trying to word this right- how does everyone install their sling? Flannel Daddy and others I see have a QD mount all the way to the front on your supporting hand, and then either run thru your stock or with a QD mount there.
    My KAC SR-15 (and others for sure) has a built-in QD mount further back on the M-Lock rail, and then has QD mounts on either side behind the grip. I'm sure it's all down to preference, but it's interesting KAC put it there.

The BFG custom slings lets you choose your hardware, and how you want it attached.

I have my front sling swivel halfway between the front of the receiver, and the rear is at the rear of the lower using a QD endplate. I've never been a fan of built in QD cups on handguards

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    My upper has a regular sling mount at its forward end. I can attach the rear to the rear part of the lower, but I prefer the rear of the buttstock. It gives me a better handle and use of the rifle for me personally. I attached the rear with a BFG buckle disconnect, which I found extremely helpful for those times my sling got hung up on a backpack or camelbak shoulder harness when switching the rifle from back to front.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom