Join TexasGunTalk

Recommend a Houston shop

Discussion in 'Houston' started by mak91, Nov 2, 2017.

1. mak91

mak91 Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Hey, gents. I've been to Collector's and Full Armor in Katy...This weekend I will have some time to kill and would like to check out something new. What's a good place to visit? Attached range with machine gun rentals would be a plus. LOL

Thanks!

2. claymore504

claymore504 Well-Known

Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Go check out Top Gun near Richmond Ave & Chimney Rock. Great people, have a good selection to buy and have a big rental fleet including full auto. I shoot there during lunch every other week.

https://www.topgunrange.com/

3. acorneau

acorneau Well-Known

Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    If you're treating yourself you can go up-scale and visit Athena (I-10 @ Bwy8) or Boyert (Westheimer near Fondren). Not sure what, if any, full-auto rentals they may have.

Also, a minor correction... Full Armor is on the Katy Freeway but most definitely not in Katy.

4. Mikewood

Mikewood Well-Known

Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Second Athena. They are a world class range and have a ton of rentals plus many full autos and a simulator room so you can squeeze in some serious training time if you want. It’s a display screen with an operator/ instructor and the simulations are real police quality training level encounters that will react and adapt to your reactions and hone your skills. It’s not force on force but almost as good and in many ways better because your instructor will rewind the encounter and critique.

Or just blast away at their many ranges and check out the pro shop. Personally Top Gun is kind of a dump. Not as bad as some of the older ranges but not great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

claymore504 likes this.
  5. Jwr1221

Jwr1221 Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Fountain Firearms is a cool little shop... They don't have a range, but they sure do have a lot of "stuff" packed into that little place!

Dred likes this.
  6. Tamlibtoim

Tamlibtoim New Member

Jun 1, 2016
    Texas (Bay Area)
    The Arms Room in League City is a really nice indoor range with a gun shop. They rent full auto but you have to use their ammunition just FYI. Off of I-45 and FM 646..

7. Tamlibtoim

Tamlibtoim New Member

Jun 1, 2016
    Texas (Bay Area)
    Almost forgot about Battle Rifle Company in the Houston clear Lake area. Custom made and painted AR rifles along with a bunch of other cool stuff...

8. craigntx

craigntx Daca is caca

Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Pasadena fun center.
    Breathe in the freedom

9. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Did you mean "gun" center?

10. craigntx