• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    New to the region and looking for a church that is decidedly conservative. We're not in the market for "new age" Christianity or one that is more glitz than substance.

Thank you,

Dave
    Texas SOT

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Have you tried the Mormon church? Most members are very conservative and community involved.

The leadership in the church do not get paid from the church. Bishop of each local congregation has their own job and don't pull anything from the tithes and offerings. It's that way all the way up the ladder.

The members are the church as well. As a member you're asked to contribute be it helping with church cleanup, or scouts, or give a talk, teach a lesson, visit a fellow member in need.

Very few who are active and there on Sunday leave the church and don't do anything till the next Sunday. Be it prepare for a lesson or work with the youth.

Remember though in any church. They aren't havens for saints, they are more like hospitals for sinners. Folks aren't perfect because they go to church, they go to church to get better. Look how dull headed the members and even Apostles of the new testament were.

I've been a member my whole life. I've looked and studied other religions and have found this was the best path for me. Could be for you as well.

Good luck with your search.

Last edited:

RugerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Mak91... Come to Texas Baptist Church.. It is old fashioned, and about as CONSERVATIVE as you can get. Please check us out this Sunday. Pastor Keith Bell is an avid 2nd amendment supporter and a dear friend of mine. You will love this church. texas-baptist-church

Fit4Pain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    San Antonio
    If your on the west side of town try N. W. Hills United Methodist off Tezel rd. We have shooting days as a church and the Pastor is a very avid hunter. I am the bass player in the band and my wife is on staff there.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth

Remember though in any church. They aren't havens for saints, they are more like hospitals for sinners. Folks aren't perfect because they go to church, they go to church to get better. Look how dull headed the members and even Apostles of the new testament were.

That's one of the the best explanations I've ever heard.

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Thank you, gentlemen, for your responses.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

ddssanchez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Leon Springs
    Try Cornerstone Chruch @ 1604 and Stone Oak. I've been a member for many years. Pastor Hagee is not afraid to talk about current events,the current administration and how they relate to prophecy. I'd also recommend his book Can America Survive? Israel vs.Iran Russia war coming soon

Top Bottom