• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    In the recent past these critters were quite expensive, but I now see them coming down in cost, especially in brands I'm not familiar with.

So, are these lower cost just as good as the well known with high reputations or does ye olde 'you get what you pay for' come into play?

Primary Arms is selling an A.C.H. in a brand I'm unfamiliar with (POF Tomahawk) yes, I'm familiar with POF AR's, but not their charging handles, for quite a few bucks lower in cost than say a BCMGUNFIGHTER Charging Handle.

What say you?

Thanks!
    Capitol Armory ad

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    The last time I looked into ambi C.H.'s they (BCM) were in the almost $90.00 range and I thought that far too much even if I can afford it.

The POF Tomahawk are $60.00 each, but they don't look comfortable, but of course, I've never used one, so what do I know?

I do know, I need one.

Both shoulders are shot, but the left one has entered into new pain territory and working the charging handle with my right hand/shoulder would be far less painful......but I don't care to buy an ambi to find the hand is painful from the skeletal looking design......

Plus, I've never gotten used to using my left hand to charge as I trained with an M-14 that is a right hand charging handle. Even when we transitioned to the M-16 muscle memory was entrenched for a right hand charging handle.

Old soldiers and their preferences after thousands of the same action with their rifles and then boom, you're supposed to get used to some different hand charging handle, grumble, grumble, bitch, complain........

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Radian Raptor LT
    https://radianweapons.com/raptor-lt-ambidextrous-charging-handle

Street price is a little better.

I have several different brands and this one is nice because it’s cheaper than many but also very well built.
    The raptors are very nice. My favorite charging handle is the LWRC ambi: https://www.lwrci.com/p-335-ambi-charging-handle.aspx

No, it's not inexpensive, but neither is it cheap. I think I'm up to seven or eight of them on various ARs.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    IMO, Geissele ACH is currently, by far, the best one available, followed closely by Radian Raptor/Raptor-SD (and almost same price now).

I'm in the process of slowly replacing all of my Raptors/BCMs with Geissele ACHs (mainly because of the raised 'lip' and smaller handle/receiver gap). Especially if shooting supressed, the Geissele ACH is the way to go...

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    IMO, Geissele ACH is currently, by far, the best one available, followed closely by Radian Raptor/Raptor-SD (and almost same price now).

I'm in the process of slowly replacing all of my Raptors/BCMs with Geissele ACHs (mainly because of the raised 'lip' and smaller handle/receiver gap). Especially if shooting supressed, the Geissele ACH is the way to go...
    What makes them better?

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    What makes them better?
    Biggest things I notice are the (minimal) gap between CH and receiver, and the raised 'lip', though the machining and general tolerances seem to be at the top of the pile (plus shorter arms).

I'm left-handed and shoot suppressed far more often than not, and gas to the face can be a big pain in the backside - especially indoors or when doing speed drills...

I've tried/owned various CH's (e.g. BCM, Pri gasbuster, raptor/r-sd; some of these now sitting in parts bin), diy gas seals (rtv silicone mod), etc., and the Geissele ACH seems to spit the least amount of crap back at me (and far preferred over silicon for simplicity/durability).

The lip is really what pushes it over the Raptor in my opinion, though the Raptors are also top-notch.

Also, haven't seen any chewing up of receiver contact points, but have only run into that with some cheaper ones...

ETA: when I have a little free time, I don't mind breaking out the calipers and comparing the CH/Receiver gaps between BCM/Raptor/Geissele, if that info would be helpful...

Last edited:

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station

For suppsessed I use the Griffin Armament SNATCH ambi handle. Very nice.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Bcm all the way. Only in person over a couple beers will I tell any of you about some of these companies behind closed doors. That’s the only comment I’m making online.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2018
    US
    I have a BCM gunfighter Ambi CH, in one of my AR'S

I like it alot, but my son just installed a Radian Raptor LT charging handle on his AR, and I think I like it better.
    I WILL be using it in my current build .458 socom
    I am also getting the Radian Raptor SD
    for a 300 blackout pistol in the works right now.

Hfrog355

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    I've tried several of them and now own 2 Geissele ACH and 1 Radian Raptor.

Bcm all the way. Only in person over a couple beers will I tell any of you about some of these companies behind closed doors. That’s the only comment I’m making online.

I am intrigued and will buy your first beer for this conversation someday.

Top Bottom