• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pixel5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    I don't really care to order a belt for my IWB holster online. I want to try it on first. Anyone have recommendations for something 1.5", sturdy, and leather? I live in Wichita Falls, we have crap for LGS...so stick to the main chain department stores if you can think of any.

Thanks!
    Venture Surplus ad

challl80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    Cypress, TX
    Same problem here in Houston, and I still has to morder. Galco dos me right. Theor measurements online were correct

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    I waqs hesitant to order mine online. Just make sure to measure appropriately if mis-sizing is your deterrent. I've been thinking or ordering another, more fancy one from the same vendor in the same size. It's been about 4 years with the same belt every day.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Sorry, not in a store but worth it. Duluth Trading company has the heaviest plain belt ever. I have bought a few.
    Heavy Belts - Beefy Leather Belt - Duluth Trading
    Free return if you do not like it, prepaid return label in the box. I doubt you will ever find a better one. The rest of there stuff is pretty top notch as well.
    The Duluth T-shirts are extra long and perfect for EDC.

Last edited:

pixel5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    I'll add another thing, it doesn't have to be pretty. It's gonna be hidden underneath a t-shirt.

I'm probably gonna go check out a boot store here and see what they got. Their website looks promising. I'm thinking if I look for a 'work belt' I'll get something sturdy and pay a little less because it wasn't made to look good.

mousegun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    Bowie
    I'll add another thing, it doesn't have to be pretty. It's gonna be hidden underneath a t-shirt.

I'm probably gonna go check out a boot store here and see what they got. Their website looks promising. I'm thinking if I look for a 'work belt' I'll get something sturdy and pay a little less because it wasn't made to look good.

Let me know if you have any luck, I live south of Wichita Falls. I have been unable to find anything local. I may try the Diluth place mentioned above. I have heard good things about their pants.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    we sell 5.11 tac leathe belts at my store (gander mtn). I have two of the same in 2 diff sizes. It's aight, but the leather scratches easily and i think it's more plastic than leather on the inside... but hey it's not too expensive IIRC.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Try going to Cavender's and check out a Lariat leather belt. It has double stitching, more like a single row weave on top and bottom, and hole reinforcement for buckling. I've been using mine for about three or so years and don't have any problems with weight distribution, sagging, or showing of any major wear. This is what I've been using for my four or so OWB holsters as I don't own an IWB. I think I paid about 40 or 45 bucks for it. And if you do go there, and you are Vet, be sure to ask for the discount. I think it's like 10% or so.

Oh yeah, it's a 1 1/2" belt.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I had the same problem as you . I wanted to hold one in a store before I bought it.

I could not find a good quality belt in any western store that was suitable to support the weight of a gun.

May I humbly suggest Bullhide Belts.com

They have high quality affordable USA made belts and top customer service.
    so easy to order, just add 4 inches to your pant size and place your order. I got a basic 1/4 inch thick belt/buckle for a really fair price

Black Basket Weave Bullhide Belt

Last edited:

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I had the same problem as you . I wanted to hold one in a store before I bought it.

I could not find a good quality belt in any western store that was suitable to support the weight of a gun.

May I humbly suggest Bullhide Belts.com

They have high quality affordable USA made belts and top customer service.
    so easy to order, just add 4 inches to your pant size and place your order. I got a basic 1/4 inch thick belt/buckle for a really fair price

Black Basket Weave Bullhide Belt

Though i have no personal experience (yet) with these belts, i can say for damn sure that their square buckle with roller is a definite advantage over most other makers' round, non-roller buckles. I'll be ordering one today. Thatks Vmax!!!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Though i have no personal experience (yet) with these belts, i can say for damn sure that their square buckle with roller is a definite advantage over most other makers' round, non-roller buckles. I'll be ordering one today. Thatks Vmax!!!

I have had that belt for over a year now and I think its just about a perfect CCW belt. That buckle style is what they call the Paul Revere

its a shame you can't find a belt like that in a store unless you go to a police supply

Last edited:

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I see you already ordered. But next time, if you're in Dallas, Ray's Sporting Goods and Hardware on Singleton Blvd usually has gun belts for sale.

Top Bottom