• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blasternank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Keller (By Cabela's)
    I have 2 air rifles, one a GAMO and the other a Benjamin. My gamo has nice open sights so i'm keeping that one with the way it is. The Benjamin I want to have a scope on it. I had a scope that came with one of the rifles but it is terrible. It won't zero even close at 10 yards so it's way off. Can you recommend a scope for an air rifle? This is not competition shooting, just something to plink with or dispatch a renegade squirrel now and again. ;) Not looking to break the bank on it either.

Thanks.
    Gun Zone Deals

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I have a Feinwerkbau model 124 with a Beeman Blue Ribbon scope from the 1980s.
    I also have a BSA Airsporter-S Mk III with a BSA scope.

The advise is to use an AIR RIFLE SCOPE due the different recoil and short range.

Here is an article describing the differences.
    http://www.lasc.us/rangingshotrifleairgunscopes.htm

Here is a sample from the article.

"Ok, other than being constructed specifically to withstand a forward and rearward recoil pulse, what else distinguishes an air gun scope from a normal rifle scope? Actually the most important characteristic of an air gun scope these days is its ability to focus down to 10 meters parallax free. Ten meters is the standard distance that most air gun competitions are held."

Now Bushnell is a different story. With the exception of two of their “economy” products, every one of their adjustable objective rifle scopes are mechanically capable of being used on a spring-piston air gun as well as being optically capable of providing parallax free viewing at ten meters. It is the only major scope manufacturer that I know that does this. This is absolutely amazing as it give the airgun customer a huge variety of scopes they can choose from as well having the flexibility of being able to mount their scope on either an airgun, or on to their favorite center fire rifle, or even a silhouette handgun. I consider this to be a major advantage. Hats off to Bushnell!

https://www.cabelas.com/product/BSA-Air-Gun-Scopes/748945.uts

bob

Last edited:

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Both my air rifle scope are geared towards competition, but a friend has one of the UTG BugBuster scopes on his FWB 300 and manages just fine. For $100 (or less) they seem to be good enough for quite a few folks in the air rifle community.

Top Bottom