• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowzette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Pflugerville, Tx
    Interesting I picked up his card today at Red's. I have a 26 I just got that I'm learning to shoot (the dreaded shooting to the left) and would like a 5-5.5 lb trigger, crisp break, and smooth. Should be piece of cake for a knowledgeable Glock guy. I could play with connectors, springs and polishing but don't want to for a carry gun. I had a 3.5 lb connector installed in my 19 and while a lighter trigger I think, maybe not, it is "mushier". So it is smoothness and crisp break I'm after. I can shoot revolvers DA pretty well so I don't need a light trigger especially in a striker fired carry pistol.
    Thanks for the responses.
    Mike

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Interesting I picked up his card today at Red's. I have a 26 I just got that I'm learning to shoot (the dreaded shooting to the left)
    Mike

Save your money, take shooting class and learn how to shoot. A trigger job isn't your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Plenty of Austin members. Ask one to shoot your gun before having it tinkered with. If it shoots straight for everyone else.....

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    But if you do need a good gunsmith - Blackjack. He did some nice work on my Ruger Super Blackhawk.

bowzette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Pflugerville, Tx
    Thanks all for the referral to Blackjack. I'm sure I will need him down the road for something. I just graduated from Youtube University and replaced the connector with a Glock minus connector, the trigger bar with a Gen3 smooth face trigger, replaced the coil trigger spring with the Glock NY1 8lb trigger spring, and did the "25 cent trigger polish job". I really like the trigger now. I'm guessing it it around 6-6.5 lbs but the break is great as is the reset. I'm shooting it much better than the factory set up and it's all Glock parts. Think I will go to Blackjack to install some Dead Ringer Snake Eye combat sights. From what I've read they are not easy to install and and don't fit a lot of sight pushers.

Top Bottom