ARJ Defense ad

Recommendation for product for being able to grip your handgun with sweaty hands

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    What do you all use for a grip product that you can use to combat sweaty hands when you go shooting? Are there some better than others? I do keep a cloth for sweat mopping.
    ARJ Defense ad

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If you have excessive sweating palms as a medical condition try the non marking anti perspiration sticks or the liquid roll ons you can rub in.

They also make lotions for sweaty hands and feet.

If it's just range issue try shooting gloves or skate board tape.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    ee6c7e8c2818c321be15d6ad7ab55cb5.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Baby powder or grab some dirt and rub it between your hands till the dirt dries them off. Brush your hands off and they should be good to go for a little bit.

Other then that, stipple the grip. Then it won't matter if you swamp palm the gun.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Baby powder or grab some dirt and rub it between your hands till the dirt dries them off. Brush your hands off and they should be good to go for a little bit.

Other then that, stipple the grip. Then it won't matter if you swamp palm the gun.
    Baby powder or dirt work fine for a little bit of sweat but if you are sweating profusely (like shooting outdoors in the Summer) you are just gonna end up with a mess.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I’m shooting a 26 Gen 4. It’s not a medical issue. It feels like 96 degrees and humid where I live.

I was thinking more of the products I see people use like that white lotion stuff or chalk or something. Maybe no one here uses that. I’ve seen people at competition use different stuff.

Something like this. 2Toms GripShield (1 Bottle) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JJAVQN6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_dW6sBbYYEDKB2

My gun seems fairly rough in texture.

I can’t see being comfortable with shooting gloves. I’d probably die. It’s so brutal hot.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Baby powder or dirt work fine for a little bit of sweat but if you are sweating profusely (like shooting outdoors in the Summer) you are just gonna end up with a mess.

Then a cheap pair of lightweight Nitrile gloves if it gets that drippy. The gloves will smell like a gym bag so I wouldn't take them off and set them the kitchen table. They're are gonna stink. Besides that, excellent grip.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Tuff1 grip cover. Has a slightly tacky feel and can be trimmed. I have several. Softens recoil a little as well.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Ok I’ll look into those suggestions. I also ordered a product from Amazon and I’ll report back.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I have installed Talon grips on 4 of my sidearms and i really like the way they feel. As far as sweaty hands I too keep hand towels in my bag when I go to the range. My wife also says she likes the Talon grips vs non grips.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Yeah but they also cost twice as much, LOL. I just got her the Mechanix because I was using them to my satisfaction, and I was using them because a buddy of mine is an actual mechanic and I got them from him

Top Bottom