Capitol Armory ad

Recommendation for product for being able to grip your handgun with sweaty hands

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Plain electrician's tape works well.
    Bob

P99LKQw.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Plain electrician's tape works well.
    Bob

View attachment 144182
    Ya but that stuff gets movable in the heat. It is also prone to transferring the color and adhesive under the same conditions.

Some brands probably are better than others. Put a roll out in your car on a hot day and try to manipulate it and see.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Honestly, I really fucked up the title of this thread.

I worded it all wrong. I understandably got all kinds of suggestions to help me grip the firearm when my hands were sweaty. That’s what I asked for.

What I really meant was that I wanted some kind of product applied to make my sweaty hands not be an issue, to not be wet. But I didn’t say that right at all.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Honestly, I really fucked up the title of this thread.

I worded it all wrong. I understandably got all kinds of suggestions to help me grip the firearm when my hands were sweaty. That’s what I asked for.

What I really meant was that I wanted some kind of product applied to make my sweaty hands not be an issue, to not be wet. But I didn’t say that right at all.
    250px-Louis_Armstrong_restored.jpg
    Louis Armstrong

OR

Revolutionary Solution
    Carpe Antiperspirant Lotion is an over-the-counter daily treatment for sweaty hands and feet.
    Now
    For Hands
    and Feet

• icon-snowflake.svg

Smooth
      Carpe lotion goes on with a cool, smooth feel—natural eucalyptus oil and other great ingredients mean Carpe is 100% irritation-free (see our test data).
    • icon-drop.svg

Effective
      Carpe contains ingredients that have been proven maximally effective - and Carpe Lotion itself is scientifically proven to work (see our test data).
    • icon-diabetes.svg

Simple
      Sweaty hands and feet are a nasty problem, but Carpe is a versatile, safe, and easy way to stop them with no irritation, residue, or hassle (learn why).
    • Say goodbye to sweaty hands and feet!

https://www.carpelotion.com/index.html

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I’m quite sure the sweat is not in my mind. I’m not making excuses for my shooting. I shoot fine while sweaty. I just don’t like dealing with sweaty hands if I don’t have to.

I shot at me AGAG meeting yesterday morning and it was a bit overcast and my hands didn’t sweat even though it was pretty HOT and getting more and more humid as the morning advanced. Got out of there a bit after 10:30 am and got the feeling that if I had stayed I might have started getting sweaty.

In the afternoons and evenings. Where I live, it’s what I consider the apex of high humidity and excessive temperature (dramatic much? Well sure I am). Going to matches around noontime... outside... yeah I’m gonna sweat. I do keep a towel, but sweat on my hands is gross and annoying and wiping sweat constantly seems to be a pain

My no sweat grip product came in yesterday AFTER I got back from the range. So I will try it soon.
    If you are shooting fine then just don’t worry about it. Ignore it and just shoot through it.

This is Texas. Much like all of the southern states sweat is a part of life if you go outside.

Apologies if I came across harsh.

Handguns are primarily tools for stacking the odds in your favor in a deadly force encounter. That being said, will you be using any antiperspirant on your hands in your day to day activities( going outside and doing anything)

If so, great, train how you fight, if not, deal with the sweat and dry your hands off between stages.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    That’s good advice.

The main place I’m likely to need such a product would be at a match when I’m stressing over 101 things at once.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom