• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I have an AR-9 that runs well with my Octane9HD but I am looking for a handgun that is suppressor ready. Most don’t see to come with proper height sights to accommodate the can even if they come with a threaded barrel. The AR-9 is also going to be SBR’d soon.

So far my best candidate that seems ready to go is the FN 509 Tactical. At $1k out the door though. Seems to handle well as I had a chance to look at one yesterday but have not had the chance to shoot one.

I looked at the Canik’s but they apparently don’t have suppressor height sights. I believe the various CZ’s also have the same issue.

I run a Octane45HD with my 1911’s and my AR-45 and will need to have the slide milled for better sights.

Of course another solution is a micro red dot mounted to whatever slide...more machining work to have done....but an option.

Looking for practical experience on this subject.
    ARJ Defense ad

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I used to have a cz75 sp01 set up for a can. It was ok. Very accurate. Cz mags started pissing me off. Maybe it was just my mags. Currently I just shoot suppressed 9mm with my sub2000 and ruger pc9.

I have a third gen Glock 17 I’m thinking of reconfiguring for suppressor use.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    CZ does make a suppressor ready P-07 if you want to go that route.
    ETA: S&W M&P9 Suppressor ready as well. I have the 45 version and run it with a Rugged Obsidian 45. No issues.
    It would be nice to get a host that is already optic ready though.

Waldotallboy64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2020
    Lubbock
    CZ does make a suppressor ready P-07 if you want to go that route.
    ETA: S&W M&P9 Suppressor ready as well. I have the 45 version and run it with a Rugged Obsidian 45. No issues.
    It would be nice to get a host that is already optic ready though.

Any other thoughts on the Obsidian? I’ve got that one sitting in jail right now.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    Police trade-in Sig P226s with a threaded replacement barrel from silencerco will get you there for about $600.
    The CZ metal frame options are outstanding guns, not sure how well they work as suppressor hosts.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Police trade-in Sig P226s with a threaded replacement barrel from silencerco will get you there for about $600.
    The CZ metal frame options are outstanding guns, not sure how well they work as suppressor hosts.

Do the trade ins have suppressor sights?

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    CZ 75 suppressor ready. Came with the tritium suppressor height sights and a threaded barrel.
    This thing shoots laser beams. I can routinely clear out the steel target range from the loading tables around 30yds. I used it for the shooting portion of my conceal class and all 50 shots wound up in one big ragged hole. He even reused my target for my wife's test. This thing is awesome as a suppressor host.
    20181108_111914.jpg

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I have an HK 45 Tactical that has normal height sights. With the suppressor on, the sight picture is blocked. Everyone that has shot it in that configuration still produced very nice groupings.

I also have pistols with suppressor height sights and they do not make a noticeable improvement over the other configuration.

However when a suppressor is mounted on my SBR HK 94 clone, there is nothing that I have shot that is quieter, cleaner, and easier to bullseye.

YMMV

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    Do the trade ins have suppressor sights?

Generally they have expired night sights that are normal height, you may be fine without suppressor height sights, one of my 226s has them and one doesn't, you learn to aim through the can.
    I will say that the 2nd 226 will eventually be a blasphemous (for w german 226 purists) project gun and will likely get the higher sights when all is said and done.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Basically a rhetorical question.
    My point was, that after you buy the pistol, then pay for an aftermarket barrel, it's still not set up correctly as a suppressor host, which the OP was asking about.

Top Bottom