Guns International

Recommendations for NFA dealers in San Antonio?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    While my NFA transactions have gone smoothly, I know a number of people who have been swindled, lied to, "ghosted", etc.

Whom do you folks recommend for a COMPETENT NFA dealer to handle transfers?

I live on the far west side, outside the 1604 loop.

thank you
    Lynx Defense

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    While my NFA transactions have gone smoothly, I know a number of people who have been swindled, lied to, "ghosted", etc.

Whom do you folks recommend for a COMPETENT NFA dealer to handle transfers?

I live on the far west side, outside the 1604 loop.

thank you
    Wow. Just the thought gives me chills. A customer of ours told me about being swindled. He sent $10k for a machine gun to a guy in South Carolina. I told him the guy never sent us the gun or even asked for our SOT so how would he have started the Form 3/4 (not sure if he was a dealer or individual). That's the first time I've actually heard of it nearly first hand. For a few years now I've been getting emails about dealers supposedly going out of business and having a lot of dealer samples they need to sell. All top stuff for low prices. I started to suspect that the email all look the same and the list of items are similiar, but there are about four different names that send the email. I suspected it was a "wire me the money and I'll do the form 3". I've heard of them making fake form 3/4s to legitimize their possession of the item. Never looked too closely into it, but I suspect fraud.

There is actually a loophole-ish so that you don't have to have someone near you, although it gives you a warm fuzzy. Any dealer in Texas can mail you the item once it's approved. There is a short process to it, but it can be done. Notify local LE, wait 7 days, certified mail, etc.

If you prefer to walk into a dealer, I've met Johnny Dury (south side of San Antonio) and he's very legit. Dury's Guns I think it's called. 60 years in business. Not sure of their prices. Definitely not a discount store. I assume they'll do NFA transfers. We charge $75 for NFA transfers and $100 for MGs. Another $50 for shipping it to the customer (postage, basic insurance (more for high dollar items), cert.mail, etc). Each dealer is different obviously.

If you can, buy it from a local dealer. If it's something you won or a MG or something your dealer just can't get, then a transfer may be your only option. Realize there is a lot of extra work for NFA stuff so it's not like a normal transfer. Storage, paperwork, yada yada... and they make nothing on the sale of the item. Some dealers aren't snakes, they're just lazy. I heard one guy around here just "hadn't gotten to" the paperwork after 2 months. We do ours the same day of the transaction.

Another option is to look at the Silencer Shop "Powered By" dealer map. That means those dealers are pretty active SOTs and hungry for business usually. We're a Gold level dealer (which is rare...one of three in Houston I think), but anyone on that list is set up to expedite paperwork. Bronze and Silver mean they're more active users. Any of those guys might be inclined to help with a transfer too. You'll need to do your fingerprints at a kiosk, but once it's done, you don't pay for fingerprints anymore.

Good luck!

Last edited:

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Looks like Nardis might be the closest Silencer Shop Powered By dealer for you:

NARDIS GUN CLUB AT ALAMO RANCH

Set as Selected Dealer View Details
    4215 W Loop 1604 North

SAN Antonio, Texas 78253

(210) 661-8300

Just to give you another option. Don't know them at all, though. The guys at Buck and Does up on 281 are very good people. I've shot there at their range a few times. Brought the whole clan that lives in North SA (4 nieces/nephews, mom, sister, brother in law, wife,...). Shot some of our machine guns.

Top Bottom