• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psychsurf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    corpus Christi
    I'm originally from Alaska, and up there I've never paid more than $15-25 for a FFL transfer. My limited experience with transfers here so far has been $40 and up. Granted, I've only checked with Modern Pawn, Sharpshooter, and Texas Gun Shop (where they did give me a 2-for-1 transfer deal, although I can't plan on buying two guns every time).

Anyone have a less expensive FFL they can recommend, preferably in the southside area?

Thanks!
    Venture Surplus ad

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    With the popularity of people ordering guns online and cutting out the brick and mortar store prices have crept up. $40 seems to be very common now. I dont know why but EVERYTHING in Corpus is more expensive.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Look through a couple of there corpus threads. There is a guy here who has an uncle that will do fll transfers for 25 bucks if I remember right. Does it out of his house, had decent prices on guns too.

Psychsurf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    corpus Christi
    Thanks for the links to the FFL finders! I'd forgotten about them, I'll see who else is around me.

And yeah, I can't figure out why prices on certain things seem to be so high here. I was used to getting gouged on most things in Alaska, but I was also making a hell of a lot more money up there!

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    He is a very active 3-gun shooter (and IPSC/USPSA Grandmaster), and consults for Mossburg (among others). Even I call to see if he is around :)

Alex

Redscout02

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Corpus Christi,tx
    where is this Triangle Shooting Sportsm I have been looking for someone around Corpus into 3 gun? Also the reason things cost more in Corpus is cause we are at the end of rhe road.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    He is a very active 3-gun shooter (and IPSC/USPSA Grandmaster), and consults for Mossburg (among others). Even I call to see if he is around :)

Alex

I had no idea, He was one of those call before places. He's way the crap out 37, toward San antone on the other side of the refineries.

Redscout02

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Corpus Christi,tx
    FYI I went to triagles site and as soon as I click on the web site got a malware warning, so be careful if gooogle his site. I did go read his face book page seems like good people.

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    Call my brother in law Kevin, www.mitchsguns.com he is in sinton but he sells, way cheaper than sharp shooter and texas gun shop, and does transfers for $25, he also dura coats as well. Does great work.

Casey's right on this one, haven't ordered anything through them but I've met him and he's a good guy. I've also seen his duracoating and he does a good job.

J & B Gun Sales in Fulton (Rockport area just north of Corpus) does transfers for $20. Just used them after many recommendations when picking up my first AR. Great fast, friendly service on the transfer. J&B Gun Sales and Service - Fulton, Texas

I've been there, guys seems real cool and since that's in my neck of the woods it's good to hear this.

On a side note, I've used Kodiac on Leapard St. to aquire a pistol or two. I believe the charge is based on value of the transfer, starts at $25, and then anything over 4-500 it goes to $30. Something like that, I would think if you were closer to one than the other the $5-10 difference might not be so bad given driving to someone who is cheaper. Just my .02 cents. Good to see some local people on here.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom