Venture Surplus ad

Red Cross is bringing America to her knees…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Yep, they got caught and were forced to issue this "clarification" statement:

Statement on informational safety pamphlet for migrants
    American Red Cross said:
    March 15, 2023

The American Red Cross issued the following statement regarding an informational safety pamphlet distributed by the International Committee of the Red Cross to migrants in Mexico and Central America:
    “Every day around the world, people make the difficult decision to leave their homes and their countries in pursuit of a safer place to live and hope for a better future. Families migrate for different reasons, such as conflict, violence, natural disasters or other reasons.
    The International Committee of the Red Cross and the American Red Cross, as a part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, neither prevents nor encourages migration. We aim to help prevent and mitigate the humanitarian consequences that migration can bring — including separation and loss of family contacts, disappearances, serious medical issues and even death.
    Our approach to migrants is strictly humanitarian. We provide information about ways to reduce risk and where to find lifesaving assistance in Mexico and Central America. It is essential to prevent the loss of lives and to promote a humanitarian approach. Addressing the needs of this vulnerable population is a shared responsibility, of the authorities in the countries of origin, transit and destination, and of the international community.”

About the American Red Cross:
    The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides comfort to victims of disasters; supplies about 40% of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; distributes international humanitarian aid; and supports veterans, military members and their families. The Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to deliver its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or cruzrojaamericana.org, or visit us on Twitter at @RedCross.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    red cross scams over half 'our' donations for management/supervision costs and half of the rest for corrupt payoffs where ever they go to provide 'humanitarian' aid. they've been corrupt for decades.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    But sure, donate to mega-pseudo-charities like the rc or united woke...and all the rest of the big name rip off charities pretending to help people...

Give if they need help (if you can): To your family/your friends/your community and forget the rest...
    Salvation Army has the best ratio of donations to helping people,lowest management and overhead.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Most of my "some bidness helping other people" type donations always go to ConvoyofHope.org. They are literally boots on the ground at every disaster you can think of. Hurricanes, Ukraine war, earthquakes. You name it and they are there.

When a hurricane hits the southern US, they have trucks loaded with supplies awaiting out of harms way. When the storm hits, off they go to help those who need it. And they seem to have avoided all the political BS the others are deeply mired in.

I am a fan.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Salvation Army has the best ratio of donations to helping people,lowest management and overhead.

The Salvation Army is a religious denomination (which they don't like to mention - you've gotta go looking for that info) based on Methodism but with a quasi-military structure built in. The church heirarchy has officer ranks (and pseudo-military uniforms they wear) and they have promotions based on years of service either within a local church administration or as a missionary. They don't practice communion or baptism, even though both are specifically called for in scripture.

Kinda makes me give them a bit of a side-eye. It's pseudo-cultish.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    After Harvey the Red Cross came in and they were just as worthless as FEMA.........I ran them all off rather harshly.........

Samaritan's Purse (Billy Graham Org) did a lot of good here after the Hurricane............

Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    Since day one of this border crisis I have said we need to looking into the funding to groups helping these ILLEGALS and just who is profiting from the housing, transportation, and feeding. There is tons of support so there is a potential, probability for massive fraud.
    Wonder if the Big guy is getting his share.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    When I first got out of college, I worked at a place that had a lot of WWII vets. You didn't dare mention Red Cross around them. They were universally hated.

Salvation Army was commonly listed as the most effective charity, in that they didn't pay out huge salaries or have big overhead, so the highest percentage of money actually went to the poor. Unfortunately, they decided to go "woke" and expound upon how white people are to blame for all the world's problems. They will never again see a cent of my money.

United Way is largely a scam. The big bosses make incredible salaries. They used to force us to contribute to it at work. If you didn't, you were listed as "not being a team player", and that was used against you for promotions and pay raises. I tried to buck the system when I was first starting out, only to find myself called into the director's office for a special "talk". I quickly groveled and gave in while I still had a job. I found that I could direct my contribution to places I thought were worthwhile, so I divided it between the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. Then the Boy Scouts went bankrupt because they tried to cover up the number of sex predator incidents, so now they are "woke" and let girls join.

Go woke, go broke.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    ST. JUDES OR THE SHRINERS CHILDREN HOSPITALS ARE THE BEST TO DONATE TOBECAUSE THEY GIVE WAY MORE BACK IN HELPING CHILDREN!
    Having lived in Memphis much of my life, St Jude has proven to be a worthwhile charity. As a Mason for many years I’ve seen that Scottish Rite and Shriners have also proven to be good stewards of the funds they raise. I can’t say that for Red Cross or united way.

Top Bottom