Texas SOT

Red Cross is bringing America to her knees…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    When I first got out of college, I worked at a place that had a lot of WWII vets. You didn't dare mention Red Cross around them. They were universally hated.

Salvation Army was commonly listed as the most effective charity, in that they didn't pay out huge salaries or have big overhead, so the highest percentage of money actually went to the poor. Unfortunately, they decided to go "woke" and expound upon how white people are to blame for all the world's problems. They will never again see a cent of my money.

United Way is largely a scam. The big bosses make incredible salaries. They used to force us to contribute to it at work. If you didn't, you were listed as "not being a team player", and that was used against you for promotions and pay raises. I tried to buck the system when I was first starting out, only to find myself called into the director's office for a special "talk". I quickly groveled and gave in while I still had a job. I found that I could direct my contribution to places I thought were worthwhile, so I divided it between the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. Then the Boy Scouts went bankrupt because they tried to cover up the number of sex predator incidents, so now they are "woke" and let girls join.

Go woke, go broke.
    SOUNDS LIKE YOUR EMPLOYER WAS EXTORTING MONEY FROM YOU!

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    The Red Cross is an absolute horror of an organization. They pitch a few tents near the cameras when there’s a disaster, then show heartbreaking video on TV and beg for your “help”. The thieving bastards stole millions from the people who donated to the 911 victim’s families. Their excuse, once caught, was that they will “need the money later for future catastrophes”. That wasn’t the intent of the donations and they knew it. Their all show and no go. They should be indicted for fraud.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Yep.

My first full time job just out of H.S. was with AT&T/Western Electric. As such, I was forced into joining the Union, Communication Workers of America. Only 17yrs old at the time, the Union Rep was able to bully me into having weekly $$ taken out of my paycheck for contribution to United Way and The American Cancer Society.

As far as I could tell, those two never accomplished anything of substance. AFAIK they are still around soaking up money.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Back when I was in 'Corporate America', I too was importuned to give to 'united woke' and it was done with a heavy hand.

They had the fk-ing gall to put a minimum requirement of 5% of my pay...with the option of giving more...yeah, sure...

The begging came on a card, that I was to sign...I tore up the card and put in the trash.

The 'united woke' shill came to my office the next day to pick up the card, whereupon I informed her what I had done. She almost had a stroke...I wasn't to do THAT!

I calmly told her what was done was done...she stomped away furious!

The following year, the president of our company, personally appointed ME as the years new united woke representative. In accepting this position, I was to be fêted, wined and dined and hold onto yer hats: Get to be on the local (Houston) televison news for my charible efforts as the uw rep.

I flatly refused with the attitude that if my job was at risk due to my, ahem, non-participation, that'd be ok, ...not really of course, but I hate this fraudulent big name, fake ass charity and I wouldn't participate in 'shilling' for those bastards.

Turned out I was the only one ever to turn down 'the honor' as the uw rep and never another word was mentioned about my refusal to do so...

The president appointed another to do the loathsome rep work...

PS, part of my refusal was due to the fact that united woke supposedly helped some local commie agencies...to hell with that!

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I worked for a very large semiconductor/defense company and it was a very hard push for United Way participation. Management basically told us it would be remembered during annual performance reviews if we didn't sign up. But that was the 80's where I recall ashtrays being thrown in conference rooms when people got upset.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    During my years at an engineering company in Houston, we were yearly asked to participate in united way. The project manager of our team obtained a list of agencies supported by united way. Everyone in the group declined to participate.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    During my years in an engineering company in Houston, we were yearly asked to participate in united way. The project manager of our team obtained a list of agencies supported by united way. Everyone in the group declined to participate.

Same here.
    Most participated, and they were on me to keep the average high, but I declined.

Top Bottom