• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gaines67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2018
    Park City
    Indeed, I have my AR and shotgun ready to take out Russian and Chinese tanks coming across our southern border. You recommend boat tailed or no; slugs or buck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Indeed, I have my AR and shotgun ready to take out Russian and Chinese tanks coming across our southern border. You recommend boat tailed or no; slugs or buck?

I recommend a double barrel shotgun. That’s all you need. Just fire a couple of warning shots in the air and the bad guys run away.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Not at all surprising.

Too much of our DOD budget goes to wasteful bureaucracy. And too much of DOD headcount in in bureaucracy rather than in boots.

We have let our military slide down once again, with some similarities to pre-WW2. However, I am not at all convinced that we could crank up the manufacturing base quickly like we did in WW2. Which could mean losing WW3.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’ve seen that article a couple of times in the last few days.

Nothing new here; when we deny blue forces the electro-magnetic spectrum and cyber, it doesn’t bode well for the home team, yet enemy forces that would be subject to some of those same disruptions suddenly turn into Goliath.

Cruise missiles/UAVs provide their own unique set of challenges.

Realize too, the simulations follow a fairly strict rule set and pretty conservative assumptions about US capability and pretty robust assumptions about foreign capabilities.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Realize too, the simulations follow a fairly strict rule set and pretty conservative assumptions about US capability and pretty robust assumptions about foreign capabilities.

And way down at the end, at the very bottom of the article, in small print:

"With the defense budget stuck around $700 billion per annum for the remainder of President Trump's term, America's Warhawks are inciting fear through simulated wargames with one purpose only: demand more taxpayers' money for war spending."

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Wolverines!

giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      1.5 MB · Views: 543
    Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    And way down at the end, at the very bottom of the article, in small print:

"With the defense budget stuck around $700 billion per annum for the remainder of President Trump's term, America's Warhawks are inciting fear through simulated wargames with one purpose only: demand more taxpayers' money for war spending."

Don’t get me started. What pissed me off most with the defense budget is the congressional rules, such as “we’re giving you what you asked for, but you specifically can’t spend the money we gave on the thing you asked for”.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas

For some reason this brings back a picture of my overweight Bn Commander with two bandoleers of 12 ga shells crossing his chest and a Model 97 Winchester going on a convoy to Northern Afghanistan looking to slay some terrorist where the distance and terrain totally negates the shot gun from being effective.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    View attachment 165373 A simulation is a simulation. There are certain intangibles you can't program into a simulation. Plus when I think of some in militias this picture pops into my head.

Laugh all you want. But when the food supply dries up, that guy on the left has 6 months worth stored in his belly.

Top Bottom