• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I used a lot of Red dot back in '71 & '72, experimenting with 150 grain semi-wadcutter loads in .38 Super. I was trying to get a good whitetail load. I finally found one, but blew out the magazine and cracked several sets of grips doing it. I didn't have access to a barrel with fully supported chamber. Red dot was always a good powder.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Perhaps they are feeling pressure to improve with the introduction of the IMR equivalents. Good thing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    I like RED DOT, to be sure, but never found a great deal of use for GREEN DOT. It was not as versatile as Unique, nor economical as Red Dot. I used up what little Green Dot to which I had access, and never looked back. I didn't DISLIKE the powder, particularly. Just never saw it as being a "best fit" for my purposes.

If they re-vamp the production process for Red Dot, so they can make it cheaper, I wouldn't mind much if they made it just a little more fine-grained, and a little more clean-burning. Whether they do or do not, I'll probably STILL use Red Dot unhesitatingly in my future handloading ventures.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I like RED DOT, to be sure, but never found a great deal of use for GREEN DOT. It was not as versatile as Unique, nor economical as Red Dot. I used up what little Green Dot to which I had access, and never looked back. I didn't DISLIKE the powder, particularly. Just never saw it as being a "best fit" for my purposes.

If they re-vamp the production process for Red Dot, so they can make it cheaper, I wouldn't mind much if they made it just a little more fine-grained, and a little more clean-burning. Whether they do or do not, I'll probably STILL use Red Dot unhesitatingly in my future handloading ventures.

Look into Promo.

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    I'm still trying to use up an 8-pound jug of it, I bought in 2009, and will probably replace it with another! But I appreciate the tip!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom